Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sealy Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No construction underway yet and the only thing that looked as if construction might be getting ramped up is a large (50') storage/shipping container on the east (or right) side of the property. It appears the utility power is located on the opposite side of the property.

I love this. Assuming its full of supercharger stuff, it's like you caught the first moment construction started.

I agree with everything everyone has recently said about the Columbus site.
When there were only 130 Superchargers in the USA, I had nothing negative to say about a Supercharger, that made travel between Houston and San Antonio possible in a 85kWh Model S.
It is true that there are good places to eat close enough, but the location leaves much to be desired. That motel is a bit long in the tooth.and the sidewalks from there to anyplace else are non-existent.
Tesla apparently favored motels as Supercharger sites in those days. It now seems obvious that destination chargers are the right choice for overnight stops.
Columbus served us well, but now I will most likely charge at Flatonia. Plenty of high priced snacks, and cheap souvenir crap to shop for there, and big clean restrooms in which to while away the 20 minute stop.

Reactions: HillCountryFun
I wouldn't be surprised if they abandoned Sealy because of Katy opening. It seems silly (in my opinion, today) to have two Superchargers 20 miles apart. Maybe in a few years when there are more Teslas on the road? They do need more charging options in the Houston metro area, because I had to wait in line to charge last time I was there.

Is there anyone in the area able to see if the shipping container is still there?

I wouldn't be surprised if they abandoned Sealy because of Katy opening. It seems silly (in my opinion, today) to have two Superchargers 20 miles apart. Maybe in a few years when there are more Teslas on the road? They do need more charging options in the Houston metro area, because I had to wait in line to charge last time I was there.

Is there anyone in the area able to see if the shipping container is still there?
I believe the shipping container is storage for the restaurant/business and not related to construction of a Supercharger....its visible in an earlier satellite view of Google maps.

• Informative
Reactions: byeLT4 and PLUS EV
My heart skipped a beat pulling into the TA this time but it was short lived. There was construction in the lot but as I got closer I realized they were only repairing broken/shifted concrete in the 18 wheeler parking area. Still no signs of anything Tesla related. I really hope it is still in the works, Flatonia is a nice halfway point but we sure could use a 250kW/V3 charger between Houston and San Antonio/Austin.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and CarlS
I don’t know. I’d say this one is gone from Tesla future (or near future).

Attachments

• 81C02C32-75F6-4394-BA78-8C86093E398A.png
    81C02C32-75F6-4394-BA78-8C86093E398A.png
    674.9 KB · Views: 90
Drove by again late last week and still nothing. I guess with those prefab chargers now I keep thinking there is a chance, but I guess I'm just fooling myself. Charged at Columbus, half full at 10 in the morning. Definitely some traffic but I guess just not enough to make Sealy a priority.