Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sales rep that took us on a test drive back in March told me the Seaside service center would have a supercharger installed. I think that's also why they paved the adjacent lot to the building. The sign on the building facing costco says it will be open this fall. Haven't seen those marked off parking spaces at the mall, I would be surprised to see a supercharger there. There is already an EV charger in the mall parking lot and I wouldn't expect to see two superchargers less than 5 miles apart.

Sorry @kf93, I misunderstood.
I agree that Tesla will not have two Supercharger locations that close together.

Roseville to Rocklin (service center) is 5 miles
Redondo Beach to Hawthorne (design center) is 4 miles
Culver City to Hawthorne (design center) is 8 miles
Redondo Beach to Culver City is 8 miles

That's on the West Coast. I think Asia/Europe has some that are even closer. Hong Kong has a pair of Superchargers that are 1 mile apart.

Last time I was at the mall there were now two fenced off areas. One had a shipping container in it and some work trucks. I still think it's probably related to the renovation/landscaping work they are doing at the mall. I normally have lunch there on Fridays so I'll go by there this week and see if anything new has come up. I was at Costco tonight, not much to see about the back of the service center other than trucks and boxes.

Also I think everyone is watching the groundbreaking for the in&out burger a lot closer. If we get one of those and a supercharger by the end of the year I think it's a sign to get the tesla.

Last edited:
I heard In & Out decided not to build there. They claimed that area has too many seagulls that would damage roof exhaust vents. Suspicious excuse since they own several right by the beach. Perhaps they didn't get the deal they wanted from the city.

Probably true.... Seaside has always been a roadblock to them. Council member once confided to me that they thought In & Out might attract the "wrong element" (no longer a friend because of that)

Probably true.... Seaside has always been a roadblock to them. Council member once confided to me that they thought In & Out might attract the "wrong element" (no longer a friend because of that)

True story. Sand City shopping center was supposed to be part of Seaside, but they didn't want to develop it. Instead, Sand City gets all the tax revenue and they are now one of the "richest" cities in the country per resident. Big fail by Seaside.

Thanks for the update, anything happening at the fenced off area by the shopping center.

The shopping center is going through a major overhaul of the entire parking lot. The original mentioned fenced in area has been temporarily removed for the remodel.

I give this location about 20% possibility for SC given that the work now being done would have to be torn up again.

Still, Monterey is due a SC, so will keep scouting all suspect locations.

I just went to the link that someone posted on 22 supercharger in 24 days and that map shows a permit for a supercharger in Seaside, which I think is the service center location.

This article says that the sales/service center will include superchargers. It's a convenient location, so it makes sense for Tesla to put superchargers at their own site rather than go through the hassle and expense of putting them somewhere else.

True story. Sand City shopping center was supposed to be part of Seaside, but they didn't want to develop it. Instead, Sand City gets all the tax revenue and they are now one of the "richest" cities in the country per resident. Big fail by Seaside.
Agree. Sometimes city councils get crosswise with the right thing in favor of political gain and taking care of their buddies

The seagull story was a bad April Fool's joke by the Weekly newspaper. I'm assuming you are talking about the one that said it would be a Burger King instead. From what I've read it's still on. There's a facebook group with what I presume to be someone on the inside feeding information about the various steps they have to take when they are completed.

As for the supercharger, they still have a lot of work on the building, but hopefully they will do that first since it can be operated without anyone on site or in the building.

went by the site today on the way home from work. They are making nice progress. Notice the three brackets under the Tesla sign. Those look like supercharger brackets.Might have been more than just three. Since I was driving I didn't get that good of a look.
IMG_0953.JPG