Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FYI, I tried to stop at that location yesterday (Saturday) around 2pm only to find 2 cars waiting. All stalls were occupied and the car that were charging were all empy. The tesla person I talked to shook his head and mentioned that a couple of cars had been there for over 2 hrs.

Considering that there is not much of interest within walking distance (except ICE dealerships...) you've got to wonder where these people were and may want to plan wisely if you're planning on using this SC in the future in case my experience is the norm...

Last time I charged there, I walked over to Costco, which is basically right next door. Just wanted to walk instead of sitting in the car or lounge. But then I was back within 30 minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

Reactions: DDotJ
Only 2 cars on Sunday morning at 9 AM ... wanted to beat the rush home after Thanksgiving :cool:

IMG_5737.JPG

Last time I charged there, I walked over to Costco, which is basically right next door. Just wanted to walk instead of sitting in the car or lounge. But then I was back within 30 minutes. 2 hours is ridiculous.

Good point, I forgot about Costco... Since this was a family trip, I was looking forward to using the customer lounge but couldn't risk "enjoying" it for hours.

Considering that there is not much of interest within walking distance (except ICE dealerships...) you've got to wonder where these people were and may want to plan wisely if you're planning on using this SC in the future in case my experience is the norm...

Yes, maybe. But if you walk past the Costco, behind Orchard Hardware, just up the path that goes under the freeway, you will see one of the spectacular views of Monterey Bay. There are some benches up there to enjoy the view and maybe grab a sub to munch on back at Jersey Subs before going behind Orchard Hardware.

Just there over the weekend on Sunday morning. It was CROWDED and the lot is small (and used by the service center) so there's not a natural place to wait for spots. I parked and stood and when a spot opened (in about 5 min), someone pulled in and started to take the spot. Luckily, all I had to do was to say that I had been waiting, and they let me go in and said they'd go on to Gilroy.

Someone at the service center offered to hold my key and move the car when full (which I accepted), so I guess they are trying to do a little bit about the crowdedness. Even with walking over to eat at the deli with a slow family, I didn't take more than 50 min, back right when charge was complete..

A full house at Seaside this morning ... returning home from Christmas in Carmel. :cool:

View attachment 207876
Skipped over here headed up the coast from Cambria, ended up at mountain view SC. Beautiful day!

Having a beer at Sports Page while charging watching MNF before I head to Oakland. Sometimes it's nice to have a reason to take a break :) cool bar I would never have discovered otherwise

insta.gif

Yes, maybe. But if you walk past the Costco, behind Orchard Hardware, just up the path that goes under the freeway, you will see one of the spectacular views of Monterey Bay. There are some benches up there to enjoy the view and maybe grab a sub to munch on back at Jersey Subs before going behind Orchard Hardware.

Thanks for the tip. The view was amazing!

We charged there yesterday. We asked Matt of the service staff about a loose plastic strip under the passenger door. He had the service manager come out right then.

He took the car inside-- and repaired it, no charge, on the spot.

Matt also moved a car off a supercharger station so that we could hook up for the drive to Atascadero.

Best service in my life, with an automobile.

I wish we lived closer to Monterey-Seaside.

Last edited:
This was posted in the Monterey Supercharger thread. Are the Superchargers at the Seaside Showroom and Service Center not operational?
Seems like only a few months ago that lot was regularly empty. Guess people have found it now. No going back. Hope this isn't because they haven't fixed the Supercharger at the Tesla store up the street.

I was in Monterey a few weeks ago and the Seaside store's chargers were down. Both ends of the week when I was there they were having problems, and in the past, I have tried to charge there and gotten very slow speeds so I move on to the Monterey charger. The second day I was there a few weeks ago the charger actually showed in the car's map with an error indicating no charging is happening. The guys at the store said it was having hiccups, sometimes working, but that's been maybe 3 weeks or more. I just saw the post about the large numbers at the Monterey charger and thought maybe it was overflow from a still non-working Seaside charger, but I haven't been down that way.

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911
I was at this location on Friday the 23rd in the afternoon around 3:45 PM. There was only one stall available, so we were planning to be paired, but the car next to us pulled out just as we plugged in. Got 126 kW briefly - which is amazing on an S75 with the 350 volt battery. I hadn't supercharged since one of the recent software updates unlocked it, but previously folks had said 105 kW was the theoretical max at the rates Tesla was allowing in the past. And my highest before had been around 95 kW so this was amazing to see. As with other lounges (like Dublin, CA) Tesla no longer seems to really stock these or pay any attention to them. There was some coffee, but just like my last trip here there are no water bottles any more.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911