Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - 1201 2nd Ave

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it’s most likely just the default template that Tesla uses and whoever put the supercharger on their map didn’t update with the proper information. They screw up the info with a lot of new superchargers but it usually gets corrected eventually. The most common error is the number of kW.

Tried this morning a bit after 10:30am. The garage gates were still closed. Don’t blame them, it was really dead down there at this time.

Do they have a number to call to try and get them to open? There needs to be some level of commitment with the electric charging infrastructure. I honestly can’t remember when the last time was that I had a gas station where pumps were closed or it was on restricted access roads or anything. I will never understand why large parking garages need to “close.”

Reactions: TreborThickweb
Do they have a number to call to try and get them to open? There needs to be some level of commitment with the electric charging infrastructure. I honestly can’t remember when the last time was that I had a gas station where pumps were closed or it was on restricted access roads or anything. I will never understand why large parking garages need to “close.”
They don't want all the homeless hanging out there and they don't want to have to patrol them late at night.

Fellas, let’s keep politics out of this thread please. Too many other supercharger site threads deteriorated quickly after politics crept in.

Just wish Tesla owners complained a little more about restricted hours... and honestly parking garage fees, but we are literally taking up a space for 20 minutes to an hour or something. Maybe I'm an outlier that does a lot of travel late at night usually, but I hate the locations that I have to make sure I get back there to move the car by 11pm or midnight or something stupid like that, it's bad enough I have to juggle the timing to make sure I'm not occupying a supercharger stall when the car is full!

For Seattle through-travel, Northgate should soon provide you some relief in that regard. A large, v3 supercharger site that should stay open through the night. I get the feeling that the two downtown sites are more intended for people who either live downtown or are visiting downtown specifically.

Reactions: Big Earl
For Seattle through-travel, Northgate should soon provide you some relief in that regard. A large, v3 supercharger site that should stay open through the night. I get the feeling that the two downtown sites are more intended for people who either live downtown or are visiting downtown specifically.
The Union Square supercharger probably fits that mold. This small 4-stall urban supercharger was probably just the garage wanting to fulfill some type of "green initiative" and provide an "amenity" to their clientele who pay ~$30/day to park. I doubt that Tesla went to them saying they wanted to put the supercharger there. I'm pretty sure it was the other way around. With the high parking fees, it's even possible that they agreed to pay for the electricity.

And yeah, either of the downtown locations would be terrible stops for through-travel. They are both slower urban superchargers and you have to pay for parking. And people who are staying in Seattle may choose to stay at a hotel that has destination charging. ACarney's use case is probably fairly specific here, especially with his complaint about having to move the car before midnight. I'm quite the night owl myself, but most people are not going to be bothered by a garage closing at midnight. 6pm is a different story of course, but this is a building that might still be under construction and during a pandemic. Things will be different here in a year or so.

I think we’ll see more small urban sites appearing in garages throughout cities. Garage operators will install Superchargers and other EV charging infrastructure as an amenity to attract monthly parkers. Although not ideal for traveling, these provide a much needed service to city dwellers who live and work in downtown areas, as well as their guests.

Manhattan is a good example of the beginnings of urban charging infrastructure. All of the Superchargers are located in expensive garages, as there simply isn’t any free parking available. If you’re just stopping in for a charge, it can be a shock (harhar). However, if you already have a monthly parking account, there are no additional fees except for Tesla’s energy fees, so there is significant value added.

I actually live 2 blocks from this location. My building has a 120v outlet in my parking spot so I never need to use the urban chargers downtown but I can try to go by the 2+U building if anyone is interested in specifics.

The building is brand new and finished RIGHT before COVID hit and never opened to the public. It’s an office building but has a really cool outdoor mall that should be a nice spot but downtown is dead these days.

I actually live 2 blocks from this location. My building has a 120v outlet in my parking spot so I never need to use the urban chargers downtown but I can try to go by the 2+U building if anyone is interested in specifics.

The building is brand new and finished RIGHT before COVID hit and never opened to the public. It’s an office building but has a really cool outdoor mall that should be a nice spot but downtown is dead these days.

If you can find out what the actual operating hours of the garage are, that would be very helpful. There is a parking office just inside the garage entrance on the right, before the ticket gates.

If you can find out what the actual operating hours of the garage are, that would be very helpful. There is a parking office just inside the garage entrance on the right, before the ticket gates.
I'd be fairly confident the 6am-6pm is right for weekdays and probably Saturday. I'm guessing it's closed all day Sundays since the poster above tried at 10:30am and it was closed.

I took a walk down there today and there was no one at the parking attendant booth but the receptionist in the lobby told me the hours were 6AM - 6PM, even on weekends (I asked about weekends specifically to confirm).

Lots of clipper creeks and it looks like the super chargers won’t open until the 20th based on the janky sign there. Included a picture of the outdoor mall that is currently empty as well.
33ACB062-B8F7-4EEB-A833-B4BA463376F3.jpeg
890780A4-5379-4896-B5DE-8F893330AE84.jpeg
0825C3FA-7474-44F8-8B10-7BEA1CC8FA5E.jpeg
23BC7B60-606F-4425-BFA5-857DF52AA8FB.jpeg
DBEE140A-7EB1-4B81-9C79-EDF307F2351A.jpeg

I took a walk down there today and there was no one at the parking attendant booth but the receptionist in the lobby told me the hours were 6AM - 6PM, even on weekends (I asked about weekends specifically to confirm).

Lots of clipper creeks and it looks like the super chargers won’t open until the 20th based on the janky sign there. Included a picture of the outdoor mall that is currently empty as well.
View attachment 618071 View attachment 618072 View attachment 618073 View attachment 618074 View attachment 618075
Wait a minute. You’re saying the supercharger is roped off? That definitely wasn’t the case last week. When I was there one of the Clipper Creek stalls was roped off but all 4 stalls of the supercharger were wide open.

Also that sign says no parking for 10 days in November so in theory is not applicable to this month.

Wait a minute. You’re saying the supercharger is roped off? That definitely wasn’t the case last week. When I was there one of the Clipper Creek stalls was roped off but all 4 stalls of the supercharger were wide open.

Also that sign says no parking for 10 days in November so in theory is not applicable to this month.
Yea, to clarify there were cones in front of half of the superchargers with this sign that says it’s closed “Due to construction” from 11/9 to 11/19. I just realized this is in November and not December. Brain is turning to mush during this lockdown!

I did not test them to see if they were working and could not see any reason why it would be closed as there were no obvious signs of construction.