Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NW. Ballard Way (LIVE Dec 2020, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Permit #: 6763164-EL
Issued: 2020-01-08
This is an installation of Tesla EV Charging equipment within the existing, below grade, parking garage at the Ballard Blocks shopping center. Installation will be limited to electrical work, and will include: (4) Tesla Charging Cabinets, (8) Tesla Charging Posts, ...
What: Tesla to install 8 urban (72 kW) superchargers in the basement level of the parking garage at Ballard Blocks (Trader Joe's, Ross, etc).
Address: 1416 NW Ballard Way, Seattle, WA 98107

GPS: 47.662639, -122.374975

As the work was permitted in January, it's possible that construction has started already. But the online record doesn't show any inspections yet, so I kinda doubt it.

@Chuq @MarcoRP

Permit #: 6763164-EL
Issued: 2020-01-08

What: Tesla to install 8 urban (72 kW) superchargers in the basement level of the parking garage at Ballard Blocks (Trader Joe's, Ross, etc).
Address: 1416 NW Ballard Way, Seattle, WA 98107

GPS: 47.662639, -122.374975

As the work was permitted in January, it's possible that construction has started already. But the online record doesn't show any inspections yet, so I kinda doubt it.

@Chuq @MarcoRP
Hey, it was issued on my birthday! Well, I’ll be adding it right away

Last edited by a moderator:
I went down to the lower level of the garage earlier tonight and believe I found the first signs of construction. No Tesla logos on site yet, but lots of conduit piled up inside a fenced-in area of 10 parking spots that is right next to some heavy electrical supply. I'll leave it up to @Chuq and @MarcoRP to decide if it's worthy of a construction cone, but I believe it is. Pics to follow...

8B8DA723-6E97-4A2F-879C-FB22696BB0E1.jpeg
74A6911B-01D2-4F04-AE25-0F2A39834932.jpeg
1598B57A-3F96-4C99-8393-55E00CF75B64.jpeg
9B9047F3-995B-4C6F-981D-C1F746990EF4.jpeg

^^^Anyone know what that thing is? It's the same object in both pics. Wanted to zoom in on the interior stuff on the bottom of it in the bottom pic.

The rest of the site doesn't look much different than my previous pics on August 6th. But there has been some work going on here as I've noticed some things moved around and seen some new machinery, and of course the grey thing pictured above.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't some other type of EV charging station and not a supercharger.

^^^Anyone know what that thing is? It's the same object in both pics. Wanted to zoom in on the interior stuff on the bottom of it in the bottom pic.

The rest of the site doesn't look much different than my previous pics on August 6th. But there has been some work going on here as I've noticed some things moved around and seen some new machinery, and of course the grey thing pictured above.

I'm starting to wonder if this isn't some other type of EV charging station and not a supercharger.
If you can access the plans on the permit linked in mociaf9’s post, which I can’t see for some reason, try posting a picture of the above view. If it matches, I’ll add

It's part of the enclosure for the switchgear.

It's part of the enclosure for the switchgear.
Okay so you think it confirms this is a supercharger? Or could it be switchgear for another type of EV charging station? I still don't see any of the typical cabinets or bollards or anything with the Tesla name or logo on it.

I'll probably check in again over the weekend and see if there's any more progress.

Okay so you think it confirms this is a supercharger? Or could it be switchgear for another type of EV charging station? I still don't see any of the typical cabinets or bollards or anything with the Tesla name or logo on it.

I'll probably check in again over the weekend and see if there's any more progress.
Given the location, that we know for sure a supercharger is going to go in there, and the layout of the concrete cuts/trenching in your previous pictures, I'll be very surprised if this isn't for Tesla. That said, the enclosure could theoretically be for something else.

If you can get a higher resolution photo of that back side, there is a paper taped to it. Then might be able to zoom in and read it.

Otherwise it look likes an equipment/networking rack. perhaps it is to prove better internet inside the garage for communication with Tesla central.

Reactions: Potpourri