Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NW. Ballard Way (LIVE Dec 2020, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pedestal installation has begun (again). These are v2s (again). No idea why the two parking bumpers have been installed in non-supercharger stalls.

6DFCBD0E-6AE7-4781-98C2-B95407FA9F13.jpeg
60D179B1-D1DA-4B54-A2EA-D7638A559390.jpeg

Hey, a brand new traditional-style V2 supercharger. Weird.
The Tesla tech said the infrastructure couldn’t handle v3 and that they were originally going to do an urban charger but switched to v2 maybe because it was faster. I probably should have asked more questions and let him talk more but I was also mindful of him working late on a Friday and wanted to let him get back to work.

The main amenity in this area is grocery shopping which doesn’t usually take 1-1.5 hours that an urban supercharger requires. And given that this is currently the only supercharger with FREE parking in the Seattle city limits and that it’s only 8 stalls, I could understand wanting to use as fast a supercharger as possible.

Lastly, I should mention that I came by at 1:30am a few nights ago and one of the entrances was gated shut but the other was open so this appears to be a supercharger with 24/7 access.

I have ATT and had a bar but couldn’t get a text to go through. The Tesla premium connectivity also had a bar or two but my streaming music froze.

I didn’t investigate too thoroughly but are the stalls all As on one side and all Bs on the other?

For years I drove by that old house which was surrounded then by industrial sites, and occasionally see her and her husband tending to a garden. Then the building went up around her when she refused to sell out, but the construction site people were known to do free work for her like wiring repairs and such. Man has that neighborhood changed! The chili place is gone but the MP brewery and Jolly Roger tap room is right around the corner from the charger, second best cask conditioned ale in Seattle!

This supercharger just went live. I came by around 5pm and saw the tesla tech working on activating it so I came back a couple hours later and caught what I believe is probably the first charge :)

View attachment 616783 View attachment 616784
This has got to be ranked as the top craziest supercharger installaton ever!! The stalls were torn down twice!!!! :O Damn. Nuts! Well...it's ready now.

I don't know if something is seriously wrong with my battery. I have a 2016 Model S-75. I went in this evening at 100 miles range so SOC was ~42%. Max I ever got was 34Kw :(, hovering around b/w 28 to 34KW. Isn't that way too low?
  1. I was not sharing charging with anyone (like 1A, 1B, etc)
  2. I talked to 4 other Tesla owners, each one of them were around 50 to 65Kw similar SOC
Did anyone else notice this slow supercharging speed? If not, looks like its my battery and I need to reach out to Tesla service :(

IMG_0746.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0749.jpg
    IMG_0749.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 50