Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NW. Ballard Way (LIVE Dec 2020, 8 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, that's probably the most reasonable answer. They shipped the wrong pedestals, then not until a few days/weeks after the install began, did someone at HQ notice it. (Maybe Tesla HQ only noticed when folks started posting on TMC...)

I think the chargers are the same between v2 and Urbans, so they only need to swap out the pedestals.
So.... Just going to re-quote myself here. Maybe they will install urban pedestals after all???

Progress?

9854A877-8794-4CC4-9DB1-C56A935DB95C.jpeg
755C783A-D3BC-4A08-9E69-C390E94C20D4.jpeg

I don't remember Issaquah being anywhere near this bad. They've put in the pedestals and then torn them down twice. I've never heard of that happening anywhere else. Even once would be super rare. Like others in this thread, I still suspect we might end up with an urban supercharger here at some point.
I know it’s not quite the same, but similar “waste of time/resources” story

New to TMC - we live in Ballard, super excited about this SuperCharger. One question, why is Northgate on the “official” Tesla map but not Ballard? I drove by to check it out and it looks like they’re ready for concrete pour!View attachment 612164View attachment 612165 View attachment 612165
Tesla's map is weird and not really reliable. There are always a handful of locations that are in progress or development that for one reason or another don't make it on to the map as a future location and will just pop up there when fully operational. And some locations that are on the map will stay on it for years before they get dropped without ever getting built.

• Informative
Reactions: im.thatoneguy
New to TMC - we live in Ballard, super excited about this SuperCharger. One question, why is Northgate on the “official” Tesla map but not Ballard? I drove by to check it out and it looks like they’re ready for concrete pour!View attachment 612164View attachment 612165 View attachment 612165

They could be months away from being ready to pour the concrete let alone being done... this location has had pedestals removed TWICE and trenched up once after already having concrete poured...