Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They only submitted responses a couple days ago. Still need a permit plan approved and then they will pick a contractor and then they will get an approved permit and then Tesla will assign cabinets and then construction will begin.

We got a ways to go still.

And how does any of this relate to construction updates of the Supercharger downtown? Let's stay on topic please.

For this particular charger, traffic is central to its usability. 30 years ago, the city chose to put a convention center on top of and next to a freeway that was already nearing its capacity limits, preventing further expansion of the freeway without condemning the convention center and a number of the surrounding large buildings. Today, the resulting traffic bottleneck backs up not just the freeway, but all the surface streets in the surrounding area. This charger is right in the densest part of that problem.

The accessibility of this charger is part of the topic of this page. I like to watch construction as much as anybody, but it's not the only issue.

-Snortybartfast

What kind of payment system does this lot use - pay at exit meter? Downtown Vancouver SC near waterfront is a paid lot too, but you are supposed to pay using a meter, so most folks just stay in the car when charging and then drive away without paying. The lot is also 24/7.

I would really love to have ability to charge downtown Seattle without having to pay for parking while charging. I do have ability to charge at work on the East Side, but no possibility to charge in my garage at home (downtown, close to the waterfront).

I dont know the answer to your question but I recall seeing gates at the entrance when looking at google maps.

One thing to keep in mind is these downtown garages pretty much give up the standard revenue earning abilities of the stalls they allow superchargers to be built on. (Tesla does not pay the garage for these spots, Tesla just pays for the equipment.) So if nothing else as an encouraging gesture to these garages for supporting EVs, I dont have any problem paying the $6 (or whatever it costs) to park on the weekends or evenings while charging and enjoying downtown. (I'll admit, having unlimited free supercharging probably plays into my calculus a bit).

Reactions: Richt and mociaf9
I can't think of a single downtown lot that doesn't use gates\tickets. I would be very surprised if they paid someone to check registered stalls.

QFC and Harvard market do that but if they thought a lot of people were camping in their car, it takes less time to write a ticket than to jump out and try to unplug and get away.

What kind of payment system does this lot use - pay at exit meter? Downtown Vancouver SC near waterfront is a paid lot too, but you are supposed to pay using a meter, so most folks just stay in the car when charging and then drive away without paying. The lot is also 24/7.

I would really love to have ability to charge downtown Seattle without having to pay for parking while charging. I do have ability to charge at work on the East Side, but no possibility to charge in my garage at home (downtown, close to the waterfront).
It uses entry tickets with gates to pay at exit.

I stopped by today and didn’t see any signs of construction, although it’s possible it’s deep in the valet area where I couldn’t see.

On the plus side, I spent 6 minutes looking and didn’t have to pay, so we know there’s at least a 6 minute grace period to drive in and see if there’s a line for Superchargers and leave without paying.

Permit issued! 4/5/19

H&M Electric has been contracted to perform the work.

"A one-line diagram will be required on site at the time of inspection of any renewable energy system. A cover inspection is required before installation begins, but after the equipment is on site."
Now we should start watching for signs of construction.. ;)

Last edited: