Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would you pay a monthly fee for a reversed street parking spot in front of the rental house if it had a level 2 charging connect at the curb? Assuming a number of things here...
Not sure what a reversed street parking spot is but I would pay a monthly fee for level 2 charging within a couple blocks of my living arrangement. I know you beat the drum for “level 2 is the only viable charging setup that scales” and I mostly agree. I do think it will take massive government policy/code reform and government incentives to get it done and I am very pessimistic about this happening on a grand scale. I thought Electrify America had some phase of their rollout that was going to have level 2 in urban areas for “apartment dwellers” but haven’t heard anything about this. Very curious to see how this would be implemented.

Not sure what a reversed street parking spot is

If the spot you park in right now had a level 2 charge post and you were able to rent that spot for a fee each month would you? I have solution in mind similar to the one Seattle and SCL ****ed up but done just right. ie not by the fing government.

Yeah, I would not put my money on EA...

I've been floating (in other posts) that there is a product coming to market this year that will tackle the majority of the level 2 issues for multi-family units (apartments & condos). I'll share all the details publicly for everyone to review and attack (haha) when the ink is dry. 2020 is going to ROCK!!!

#chargeon

Reactions: goneskiian
What’s up with your CHAdeMO adapter?
It will stop immediately about 4 out of 5 times. So I have to unplug, it, reauthorize the charge session, plug it back in. Hit start. Fail... rinse repeat for 5 minutes. Really annoying.

Would you pay a monthly fee for street parking spot in front of the rental house if it had a level 2 charging connect at the curb? Assuming a number of things here...

I would pay a monthly fee for an L1 charging connect at the curb. Honestly if I could get an L1 every few days I would be fine. I've left notes on every Tesla in my neighborhood offering to rent their parking space and nobody has ever called me back or emailed me. I've also offered to rent parking spaces at neighboring businesses if they would let me use one of their exterior outlets. None of them have said yes either.

That's part of my lack of optimism.

• Funny
Reactions: Bwettt
I would pay a monthly fee for an L1 charging connect at the curb. Honestly if I could get an L1 every few days I would be fine. I've left notes on every Tesla in my neighborhood offering to rent their parking space and nobody has ever called me back or emailed me. I've also offered to rent parking spaces at neighboring businesses if they would let me use one of their exterior outlets. None of them have said yes either.

That's part of my lack of optimism.
Do you mean L2? L1 is a 120v wall outlet.

Maybe just plug in at one of those business and see if they say anything? As the saying goes, it's easier to ask forgiveness than it is permission! :p

Totally agree 10 mins is way too short. I recall it was 15 mins before and it went down to zero

If it takes you more than 10 minutes to exit the garage when you realize you made a wrong turn or don't need to park in there, than you have larger problems than having to pay a few bucks...

Same with if you're picking someone up. Either they're waiting for you in the garage near the elevators, or you make them pay a couple bucks. Ten minutes is plenty to get in, pick someone up, and get out. Or check to see if there is parking, realize it's packed, and get out.

Negatory. But I do have a busted Chademo now which is way more convenient than the SC (when it works). I've only hit the Supercharger once this winter thanks to it (But my EVGo bill was also $80 in January. Oooof. $0.50c a kwh)
I recently had CHADEMO issues as well. The SC updated the CHADEMO firmware and miraculously fixed my issue. They have a loaner adapter if you want to make sure it really is a problem with your adapter and not the car or charger.

Reactions: Rossy
I recently had CHADEMO issues as well. The SC updated the CHADEMO firmware and miraculously fixed my issue. They have a loaner adapter if you want to make sure it really is a problem with your adapter and not the car or charger.

Yeah, I got a firmware update and HW3. Charging is pretty reliable now. Although it might also just be the warmer temperature. I think it's partially an issue with the charger not locking during cold weather and the heavy adapter not sitting well.

Reactions: Rossy