Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seekonk, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a very crowded spot. Christmas will be a nightmare. But, I'll take it.

The Building Inspector let me think it was going to be in the Home Depot parking lot. If it was already in front of the planning board I don't know why he'd keep it secret. Oh well.

Thank you so much for the info. That's 15 minutes from my house.

Hadley, Framingham and now Seekonk. That is terrific. With 68 locations in the US either under construction or with a permit it feels like Tesla has really stepped up their supercharger game in the past several months.
Hopefully this is a sign of additional NE England locations especially a new delivery center in the greater Boston area to relieve the burden that Dedham will face once deliveries of the Model 3 start in earnest.

Last edited:
Reactions: chjch
OMG!!!! I am hyped up. I had to post my enthusiasm so everyone knows how excited I am about this!
I can visit families now in the SouthCoast!
When will it be completed?

Anybody's guess.
Some take a few weeks and others drag on for months. Leominster is a good example of the latter where work started in mid June and it is still not open.

I don't see the Planning Board minutes posted from November 14th, but I do see the December 12th agenda, and it's not listed, which suggests that they likely approved it in November, or it would have been continued and on the agenda. I expect Tesla sits on these permits for a while, as they probably plan their construction on the assumption that permits can take a while to obtain. But with enough permits juggling in the air, they may well send a construction crew here next after Framingham completes--that's just a guess. That would put the construction in January, with opening in February or March if everything goes smoothly. But if they were scheduling on the assumption that permitting might take three months, then that could push it back several months. It's all speculation at this point until someone spots activity at the site. I would suggest someone local could stop by weekly and watch for any activity, since the plans show exactly where to look.

If just going off of the address of the permit (101 Commerce Way) then the closest structure to this (100 Commerce Way) is the Seekonk Showcase cinema. Target is also close but that address is 79 Commerce Way. This plaza also has Best Buy, Kohls, Starbucks and a bunch of other shops. Tons of other restaurants and activity like structures are close by. This would make a great location although the traffic getting into and out of this plaza can be painful around the holidays. Google Maps puts 101 Commerce Way in the middle of the parking lot next to The Paper Store (which doesn't just sell paper by the way). I'm now wondering if they just used that address to say somewhere in this plaza will be a supercharger, exactly where we won't know until construction has actually started.

• Informative
Reactions: EdA
Check out the permit link above. You can see exactly where and what will be installed. It's the spots in the Taco Bell lot facing Target. Unfortunately it is pretty far from Target and most of the other stores that people would be going to during charging, but I guess that will make it less likely that non-Teslas will take the spots. I certainly hope anybody who can afford a Tesla knows better than to eat Taco Bell...

And Tesla's website was updated a couple weeks ago from "Target opening before the end of 2017" to "Target opening before the end of 2018". Quite a change!

They clearly suspended work on the Framingham site due to weather. Once that resumes, it's a good sign that they may start up work on this one shortly thereafter. I suspect they're trying to avoid weather delays in the middle of construction. Just guessing, though.