Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Schertz, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I drove by just now, didn't have time to stop. Didn't look much different from my last post on Wednesday. However, some more of the temporary fencing was knocked over and there weren't any more utility trucks parked near by. I'll be stopping by later tonight to see if I can get a charge.

I have been informed by my friend that works at the HEB Plus where the chargers are located that they are now open! I will be confirming tonight, unless someone beats me there! :)

Apologies to all, disregard this. It appears my friend was incorrect. :( Stopped at the chargers. No lights. Attempted to open the charging port, but nada. Looks like we'll need to wait a bit longer.

I just stopped by and a Tesla rep was there activating the site. He asked me if I wanted to be the first to charge, so I did. I didn't need much. The site will be fully active later today.

I won't be charging there very often, if at all, since it is only about five miles from home and I'll charge there 99% of the time.

We did talk about other sites in Texas: College Station, Lubbock, San Angelo, etc. Evidently some locations want big bucks for the privilege of putting in a supercharger. The cost of an installation is about $250K. These other locations want another $100K just for permission to build. Evidently the oil lobbies and the car dealerships are an obstacle.

Charging right now and all stations appear to be online!

Thanks everyone for keeping us updated on this!

(Excuse the poor quality image)

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_222111.jpg
    IMG_20200501_222111.jpg
    396.4 KB · Views: 90
So excited about this. My office is a minute from here. I’ve driven 43k miles in 11 months. This charger will literally extend the life of my car now, I won’t need a better range car.
They need a super charger on the way to Del Rio, maybe Uvalde. I’ve heard the same thing about the dealerships slowing down the opportunities for super chargers. But in small towns, you would think there should be no problem. I was staying at a hotel in college station with a destination charger and a student was using it. I asked her, politely, how long she was going to be. She said 2.5 hours. They need one there bad too. And Lubbock... its nearly impossible to get from San Antonio to Amarillo.

Reactions: emorog