Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Schertz, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
BC65C02A-03CD-4705-880F-754B00561E0B_1_201_a.jpeg
Took a care package to my daughter's family this morning and tried out the new Supercharger in Selma. Works great. Started at 350 mph. A welcome sight in north San Antonio.

• Informative
Reactions: PStewart
So excited about this. My office is a minute from here. I’ve driven 43k miles in 11 months. This charger will literally extend the life of my car now, I won’t need a better range car.
They need a super charger on the way to Del Rio, maybe Uvalde. I’ve heard the same thing about the dealerships slowing down the opportunities for super chargers. But in small towns, you would think there should be no problem. I was staying at a hotel in college station with a destination charger and a student was using it. I asked her, politely, how long she was going to be. She said 2.5 hours. They need one there bad too. And Lubbock... its nearly impossible to get from San Antonio to Amarillo.
Lubbock does seem like the best location for the next charger. Almost surprised it hasn't been built yet.

Reactions: PStewart
IMG_2595.jpeg
I went to the opening ceremony in San Marcos when it was the first Supercharger in Texas. It was attended by State representatives and Tesla Reps and a lot of supportive owners. Amazing how far things have come in just a few years that now Superchargers just quietly open up. Pretty awesome. Still hoping, for the first 250 kW in Texas to open. Look forward to trying that out.

View attachment 538548 I went to the opening ceremony in San Marcos when it was the first Supercharger in Texas. It was attended by State representatives and Tesla Reps and a lot of supportive owners. Amazing how far things have come in just a few years that now Superchargers just quietly open up. Pretty awesome. Still hoping, for the first 250 kW in Texas to open. Look forward to trying that out.
I didn't realize San Marcos was the first in Texas. Then they went on to neglect the San Antonio Area for the next 6 yrs. But seems like San Antonio is feeling the love once again.

Reactions: CarlS
This SC has appeared on the official Tesla map, but interesting it is listed as Schertz, TX - and there is still another grey pin for Selma. Are they planning another location?

View attachment 539167
I still expect that the Selma pin will disappear eventually. With Tesla's inconsistent and patchwork map updating process I think you have to give it a month or two post activation to see whether the old pin lasts before you try to use it to argue there will be another supercharger there. It's certainly possible though.

Reactions: emorog
I still expect that the Selma pin will disappear eventually. With Tesla's inconsistent and patchwork map updating process I think you have to give it a month or two post activation to see whether the old pin lasts before you try to use it to argue there will be another supercharger there. It's certainly possible though.

The pin on 410 by the airport dropped.

• Helpful
Reactions: brkaus