Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Schertz, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

brkaus

Jul 8, 2014
Austin, TX
This was noticed by @Bruce W in a different thread.

Creating in the Texas supercharger specific area.

C20D7C97-AA55-4D75-8010-F1AF0FD6ABB8.png

Really hoping that this opens before November so that I can use it when I take the family to six flags. If not, I need to figure out another plan, maybe using the SC in san marcos, though that's terribly inefficient coming from Austin.

Really hoping that this opens before November so that I can use it when I take the family to six flags. If not, I need to figure out another plan, maybe using the SC in san marcos, though that's terribly inefficient coming from Austin.
Make other plans. No way this will be open by November.

Can you explain how San Marcos is "inefficient"? Because it is too close to Austin? Drive to Fiesta Texas (BTW, if you ask for directions in SA to Six Flags You will end up in Dallas -- it's Fiesta Texas) and stop off in San Marcos on the way back.

• Helpful
Reactions: PLUS EV and Xd85
Make other plans. No way this will be open by November.

Can you explain how San Marcos is "inefficient"? Because it is too close to Austin? Drive to Fiesta Texas (BTW, if you ask for directions in SA to Six Flags You will end up in Dallas -- it's Fiesta Texas) and stop off in San Marcos on the way back.
Plan to do the same thing. If you drive really efficiently a 75D can do it without supercharging, but why miss out on the fun? :D

@BerTX I’m driving from north Austin down to Fiesta Texas. I will have a pretty high SOC by the time I hit San Marcos on the way there. (The inefficiency that I was referring to was charging on the way there, since it’ll be a slow charge.)Then I’m going to park the car all day at the park and then start my drive back. I haven’t done a long trip on the car yet, so I’m a little uneasy of seeing where my SOC is at by the time I hit San Marcos on the way back from Fiesta Texas. I was worried I might not be able to make it all the way back. That’s mainly my ignorance in an X 75D. I haven’t done enough long range driving to get an idea of how far I can go!

@BerTX I’m driving from north Austin down to Fiesta Texas. I will have a pretty high SOC by the time I hit San Marcos on the way there. (The inefficiency that I was referring to was charging on the way there, since it’ll be a slow charge.)Then I’m going to park the car all day at the park and then start my drive back. I haven’t done a long trip on the car yet, so I’m a little uneasy of seeing where my SOC is at by the time I hit San Marcos on the way back from Fiesta Texas. I was worried I might not be able to make it all the way back. That’s mainly my ignorance in an X 75D. I haven’t done enough long range driving to get an idea of how far I can go!
That isn't a very long trip. Take a few highway trips before then if it will make you feel more comfortable. Leaving from Round Rock, going to the Park, then going to San Marcos should have you arriving with 30% or more SOC -- it's only 150 miles. November can be cooler and you may encounter wind at any time, but that is still a VERY comfortable margin. It should be a good trip to build your experience level and confidence. Use your Energy screen on the main screen, set your destination, and select the "Trip" tab on the Energy screen. It will tell you your level of charge upon arrival IF you continue to drive as you have been driving. If it dips to an uncomfortable level, then slow down and it will come back to a good buffer. It'a amazing how much a fairly small decrease in speed will affect your range.

This trip is more complicated than some, since it has a waypoint in the middle, meaning the in-car Nav can't accurately estimate your SOC upon arriving back at San Marcos on the return leg. This is where the auxiliary routing apps will help you. There are several, the simplest and cheapest being EVTripplanner.com. You can play around with that, but be very careful because it's estimate of range for the MS75D is overly optimistic.

Reactions: TexasRat
That isn't a very long trip. Take a few highway trips before then if it will make you feel more comfortable. Leaving from Round Rock, going to the Park, then going to San Marcos should have you arriving with 30% or more SOC -- it's only 150 miles. November can be cooler and you may encounter wind at any time, but that is still a VERY comfortable margin. It should be a good trip to build your experience level and confidence. Use your Energy screen on the main screen, set your destination, and select the "Trip" tab on the Energy screen. It will tell you your level of charge upon arrival IF you continue to drive as you have been driving. If it dips to an uncomfortable level, then slow down and it will come back to a good buffer. It'a amazing how much a fairly small decrease in speed will affect your range.

This trip is more complicated than some, since it has a waypoint in the middle, meaning the in-car Nav can't accurately estimate your SOC upon arriving back at San Marcos on the return leg. This is where the auxiliary routing apps will help you. There are several, the simplest and cheapest being EVTripplanner.com. You can play around with that, but be very careful because it's estimate of range for the MS75D is overly optimistic.

@TexasRat Everything @BerTX said. I've driven to Dallas a few times in my MS 75D and have similar quandaries since Italy SC is placed similarly to San Marcos in your situation. Tho OP has Model X, so perhaps that's why the margins are smaller :)

I drove from Northwest Hills to the area near Fiesta Texas, and back home with a stop at San Marcos on the way home in my S60, so that should be similar to an X75. Start with a 100% charge. If you're getting nervous about charge on the way from Fiesta Texas to San Marcos, slow down by 5 mph.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasRat
This may be the HEB in Schertz that had a utility survey for Tesla recently.
Instead of starting a new thread, I figure we can just continue to use this one.

Confirmation (via TABS) that the "Selma" supercharger will be at the Schertz HEB and is potentially planned for construction to start this calendar year: TDLR TABS - Project Details
  • Scope of Work: Telsa is proposing to install (8) electric vehicle charging stations within the existing parking lot of the shopping center.
GPS (guess): 29.598106, -98.278764

Don't pay too much attention to the proposed start date in September shown on the original document. Read that as an optimistic target that's likely to be missed. These records are generally created before a building permit is applied for and that date assumes a brisk approval process and that Tesla keeps this on the front burner. So, any delays beyond a straight rubber stamping in getting their permits approved will push that back. But there's a decent chance it'll break ground within a few months of that date (i.e. this calendar year).

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP