Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sequim, WA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
The new Supercharger in Sequim WA is under construction at the Holiday Inn Express, next door to the Black Bear Diner (which is where I thought it would be -- close enough).

There will be 8 stalls and it is scheduled to be open by July 4.

IMG_20170608_160137671_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170608_160217725_HDR.jpg
IMG_20170608_160349966_HDR.jpg

@BlueShift, this is located just inside the NW entrance to the parking lot along the West side of the lot.

There are two transformers already located here, and it looks like they will be able to use these. That should speed up activation considerably. I wish I had thought to ask.

I did ask if they had other locations on their schedule, and they have 6 he was aware of, but did not know locations or dates.

Reactions: ibdb
Just where I predicted it would be:

ThortsMD, Dec 17, 2016
Just east of Sequim, a Holiday Inn Express and Black Bear diner (both known as SC hosts) share a parking lot.
(I can't figure out how to link to my original post, but this is the content).
Excellent! I thought it might be there too for the same reasons.

Although the huge parking lot out front of Home Depot and Costco with a Starbucks close to the street at the other end of town would be a better spot IMHO for quick Supercharger stop.

Oh well, glad to see it's going in!

Sequim, WA

Interstates: None
US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-101

US-101
To: End (I-5 Olympia, WA) - 100 miles
Diversion: 1 mile*

To: Burlington, WA (US-101,WA-104,WA-3,WA-16,I-5) - 110 miles**
To: Monroe, WA (US-101,WA-104,WA-3,WA-16,I-5,I-405,WA-522,US-2) - 146 miles***
To: Ellensburg, WA (US-101,WA-104,WA-3,WA-16,I-5,WA-16,I-90) - 208 miles
To: Centralia, WA (US-101,I-5) - 122 miles
To: Seaside, OR (US-101,WA-108,WA-8,US-12,WA-107,US-101,WA-4,WA-401,US-101) - 207 miles****
To: Aberdeen, WA (US-101,WA-108,WA-8,US-12) - 125 miles****

Helping to complete the US-101 loop.
After that need Forks, WA, Laytonville, CA, and US-101 will be easily traversable (except for after the occasional landslide).

* Really it's 124.8 miles since it's on a large US-101 loop.
** 80.0 miles and a ferry
*** 79.9 miles and a ferry
**** Cuts out the long loop of US-101

Hooray!!!

Sequim to Aberdeen at 182 miles is a little too long if you're there to see the sights. It's a little hilly and a lot rainy, both of which eat range. There are some level 2's at Neah Bay and Forks if you're spending the night, but If you're trying to get somewhere specific (e.g. Cape Flattery, SolDuc falls, Hoh river trail), as part of the loop, it's just too far.

I suggest another one in Forks.

-Snortybartfast

Ask and ye shall receive it :) - Forks, WA | Tesla

Excellent! How does one do permit searches on these things, so I can find more details? It's taken a while, but we're finally getting our allotment of superchargers here in the Pacific NorthWet. (Forks is one of the wettest places in the country. Hoh River, just a few miles away, actually is the wettest place in the continental US. I've always thought it fitting that the Quinault name for the place should be the chemical symbol for water :D)

-Snortybartfast

Excellent! How does one do permit searches on these things, so I can find more details? It's taken a while, but we're finally getting our allotment of superchargers here in the Pacific NorthWet. (Forks is one of the wettest places in the country. Hoh River, just a few miles away, actually is the wettest place in the continental US. I've always thought it fitting that the Quinault name for the place should be the chemical symbol for water :D)

-Snortybartfast
In general, every city or county has their own building permit system. Some are available to the public, but most are not. For each city, you can go looking for the site online. 95% of the time it is not available.

Washington State is pretty unique in that there is a statewide electrical permitting system, and that database is online. Some municipalities have their own system, but most are in the L&I database.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to check this system -- you can't just search for the word "Tesla" -- so it involves just looking in each city where we expect a SC to be constructed to see if there is a new permit. I try to do this daily. I need to change to looking in the county rather than the city, just in case Tesla was not exact in their location.

Here is the Washington state electrical permit lookup system for those (like me) who can match BerTX's curiosity & obsession. It is pretty tedious to use, and searching by address doesn't seem to work so you have to search by city or county.
You can find the completed Monroe SC on by Searching for Tesla in the Company Name field but didn't find any other proposed ones that way.

(I can't figure out how to link to my original post, but this is the content).
To help you out for future use of the forum, here's how to get the links to individual posts. Took me a little bit to figure it out too at first.

See how the comments in the thread have those numbers on the right side? #4 #5 #6, etc.? Hover over that number. It's a link, and you can right click to copy that link location.

@BerTX thanks for the photos! Question: the driven-in stall on the right, if someone towing a smallish (17 foot) camper trailer drove into it and charged would they be okay there for an hour with trailer attached but positioned at a 45 degree angle behind the car I realize the trailer would partially block the lane but not sure how much. Below is a screen capture of the satellite view as shown in Apple Maps. Can you describe where the chargers are in that image? Thanks!

IMG_0342.JPG