Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Euroa VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys
I am puzzled about range angst over Seymour.
I regularly do a trip from Home( Sherbrooke on mt Dandenong thru melbourne CBD to bendigo - visit 4 clients in the area then back thru melbourne cbd to dandenong (my factory). I squeezes the range a bit but then again I am at speed limit the entire trip. approximately 420Kms round trip over about 8hrs.

Hi guys
I am puzzled about range angst over Seymour.
I regularly do a trip from Home( Sherbrooke on mt Dandenong thru melbourne CBD to bendigo - visit 4 clients in the area then back thru melbourne cbd to dandenong (my factory). I squeezes the range a bit but then again I am at speed limit the entire trip. approximately 420Kms round trip over about 8hrs.

My guess is that it isn't people doing Melbourne-Seymour return - it's probably more about reducing the stress for people to go to Echuca, Shepparton, Wangaratta or anywhere in that general area.

My thought is a full car of 4 or 5 people with ski gear on the roof etc, I'm sure the range would drop a bit with a full load. Seymour isn't the destination, it is the halfway point to northern Victoria from Melbourne, or something like towing a boat up the the Murray river in a Model X. Sure if Albury/Wodonga gets one that opens up a route to Sydney but really, we want more superchargers, it helps to open up the state/country and is a great selling point.

I mean, Benella would probably be better than Seymour in quite a few ways, it could service Mt Hotham, Falls Creek & Mt Buller pretty easily (Benella being the signposted Mt Buller turnoff on the Hume, if you were going that way) if they don't want to do a Bright or Ovens, otherwise it is pretty close to Albury/Wodonga if they do put a SC there and it is pushing their preferred distance to Gundagai (again, if an SC is there)

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough and by next year hopefully there will be a SC connecting Victoria to NSW & the ACT.

Gudday Drwho

Your quiet right. Melb wang and back is pushing it up hill with a tooth pick ! Higgy put me onto EVTRIPPLANNER.com and the seymour wang run with an external temp of 0 Deg C( all the way) and an internal temp of 20 Deg C at speed limit all the way( both ways) would use 79Kwhrs- very doable. I can say that EV trip has not been inaccurate on any run I've done around Victoria so far. Its fair to say I was having a panic on the first few trips but after steeling myself at the possibility of being the first poor bastard to be towed home in Australia I pushed on.:biggrin: Glad I did, the gong went to Queensland for the " Oops I ran out"......

Gudday Drwho

Your quiet right. Melb wang and back is pushing it up hill with a tooth pick ! Higgy put me onto EVTRIPPLANNER.com and the seymour wang run with an external temp of 0 Deg C( all the way) and an internal temp of 20 Deg C at speed limit all the way( both ways) would use 79Kwhrs- very doable. I can say that EV trip has not been inaccurate on any run I've done around Victoria so far. Its fair to say I was having a panic on the first few trips but after steeling myself at the possibility of being the first poor bastard to be towed home in Australia I pushed on.:biggrin: Glad I did, the gong went to Queensland for the " Oops I ran out"......

Do you mean you had to select an external temp of 0 to get an accurate prediction, or that even with that selected (as a worst case) EVTP indicated you would make it, and so you did better than that (as it presumably wasn't 0 degrees all the way)? I'm about to be relying on some EVTP predictions reasonably heavily next week so fingers crossed! :)

Gudday Drwho

Your quiet right. Melb wang and back is pushing it up hill with a tooth pick ! Higgy put me onto EVTRIPPLANNER.com and the seymour wang run with an external temp of 0 Deg C( all the way) and an internal temp of 20 Deg C at speed limit all the way( both ways) would use 79Kwhrs- very doable.

There is a battery graphic somewhere and at about the 7 minute mark of this Bjorn Nyland video, he shows his calculation being about 75kWh for a full charge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3S9URFzHjU

There is a battery graphic somewhere and at about the 7 minute mark of this Bjorn Nyland video, he shows his calculation being about 75kWh for a full charge.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3S9URFzHjU

Yes, this one. That's why I'd be hesitant to do a trip that calculate 79KWh...
image.jpg

Keiron - can you tell me what you're driving? I am resident in Bendigo, and travel quite a bit to Melbourne and suburbs. I have a P85D on order ... curious as to your experiences of Dandenong-Bendigo return that you've described here ... If you ever found yourself caught short in Bendigo, I could probably help you out with the Tesla home charger I have installed, about which I presently know very little. Feel free to drop me a line. I'm a long time lurker here, and have only just signed up so as to be able to post.

Saw the update from Tesla today with mention of the SC's....nothing said about Seymour or anything around this area...with the biggest stretch of 110km/h from Albury to Melbourne it's going to be pushing the limits on a 70, near/or impossible on a 60...I do hope the Seymour SC (or around this position) will come on line....

-ECIT

Saw the update from Tesla today with mention of the SC's....nothing said about Seymour or anything around this area...with the biggest stretch of 110km/h from Albury to Melbourne it's going to be pushing the limits on a 70, near/or impossible on a 60...I do hope the Seymour SC (or around this position) will come on line....

-ECIT

I believe a SC around there is still very much happening, just not sure exactly when and where. What will annoy me is Tesla claiming they have met their Melbourne to Sydney commitment by the end of the year if they still don't have this SC in place, as they clearly haven't done so if you need an 85 to practically make it. I hope that won't be the case.