Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Euroa VIC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged at Euroa today. There was another Tesla there when we arrived. We used Charger A and it worked fine. There were a lot of people around - it's right next to the petrol station and the food hall. Got a number of questions from passers by. It's a great location for publicising Tesla and EVs.

Took a punt that the Euroa supercharger would be there and working on Saturday to get to Mount Buller and back for a day's Spring skiing... win! 15/20 minutes of supercharging in each direction for peace of mind. Reckon I could probably just do one super-charge on the way home ... but I've only had the car a couple of weeks so I'm easing in to exploiting the full range.

EuroaSupercharger.jpeg

Sunset at the Euroa Supercharger.

Charged at Euroa today. There was another Tesla there when we arrived. We used Charger A and it worked fine. There were a lot of people around - it's right next to the petrol station and the food hall. Got a number of questions from passers by. It's a great location for publicising Tesla and EVs.

Attachments

• IMG_4636.JPG
    IMG_4636.JPG
    954.2 KB · Views: 135
I agree. The person in the hatchback was with their car and kindly moved immediately. The person in the 4 wheel drive was asleep in their car (nice shady spot). :smile: Signs would be good, but maybe the arrangement Tesla has won't allow them to stop others parking there?

Yes, I've been ICEd every time I've been there. Mostly by people who had no idea that it was an electric car charging station. Most of the ICEers have been very apologetic and very interested in the car.
What really connects with country people is mentioning the expected price range of the Model 3 and then pointing out that there's no 'country tax' on fuel prices with EVs and the comparatively low running costs compared to an ICE

Last edited:
Yep, I'd probably have parked in the shade if I was driving as well - especially when there are no signs. As long as people are there to move their car then it's not a major issue - and I suspect that once its a permanent charger there will be signs. More concerning would be people parking for an hour or more in Goulburn blocking all of the chargers.

Yes, I've been ICEd every time I've been there. Mostly by people who had no idea that it was an electric car charging station. Most of the ICEers have been very apologetic and very interested in the car.

That's useful information to know (planning a trip which will need the Euroa Supercharger on the weekend). Given the nature of the location, you'd expect most drivers not to be staying too long so it shouldn't be too hard to use the more Australian "sugar" approach versus the more abrasive "acid" approach used by other ICE victims.

That's OK, we'll be able to have a nice long chat with him (its almost certainly a him) whilst he's waiting for the Hydrogen charger to depressurise so that he can fill his car.
"Sorry mate, have to go as my car has finished charging, but seeing as you've paid $80 to refuel your car let me pay for your coffee".

This isn't graffiti is it? Probably the one and only owner of a Toyota FCEV waving his magic wand hoping the SC would magically morph into a H pump ;-)

The Hydrogen fuel cell fanatics are a tragic bunch, I've run across a few online, one seemed to think EVs ran on Lead acid batteries!

They point at the handful of prototypes and fuel stations and say "See! That's the future." meanwhile the rest of us cruise by, having fully charged up the night before.

The Hydrogen fuel cell fanatics are a tragic bunch, I've run across a few online, one seemed to think EVs ran on Lead acid batteries!

They point at the handful of prototypes and fuel stations and say "See! That's the future." meanwhile the rest of us cruise by, having fully charged up the night before.
Fine, I'm happy to leave them to their fuel cells. They may buy one but unless the technology evolves rapidly they won't buy a second one. Even more so if superchargers remain free. Everyone that has raised it with me would choose 'free' over 'quicker' (assuming that H refuelling ever does become quicker).