Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sheboygan, WI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone know if it is live yet? Road tripping that way tomorrow for a fishing trip but I'm guessing I'm going to have to ICE it :redface:

As of Sunday it wasn't operational and didn't look like it would be for at least a week. If I were to guess, based on where the transformers were and where they were with the masonry, it'll probably be 9/30 at the earliest before it's up and running. The charging cables have been attached, though, and the supercharger hardware looks fully installed. I can check again today, if you'd like.

As of Sunday it wasn't operational and didn't look like it would be for at least a week. If I were to guess, based on where the transformers were and where they were with the masonry, it'll probably be 9/30 at the earliest before it's up and running. The charging cables have been attached, though, and the supercharger hardware looks fully installed. I can check again today, if you'd like.

No worries but thanks for offering. We drove back today and actually passed it. The electric company was there working on it and it appeared they were starting to backfill gravel in. So close but as you said, probably a week out yet.

Hey Wisconsin owners, how about organizing a "ribbon cutting" or some kind of inauguration ceremony at Sheboygan. I think a lot of us Chicago area owners will come to that.
I'm game for that! It will be open already, but we can have a "unofficial" ribbon cutting of some sort... That would be a blast! I'll see if I can get some Joy from Tesla in terms of maybe, flags, or something.

Any update on the Sheboygan site? What happens when it goes live? Does it just show up in the Nav system or does Tesla have some way of formally announcing an opening? Progress!!!

Does anyone have insight into a GB SC?

Last update on GB one was that it would probably slip into 2016. Map still says 2015 yet so maybe there is hope. I'll know once construction starts. So far I haven't found any building permits when I've looked.

Looking very nearly complete today. Landscaping also complete. One construction storage container and porta-potti left.

Probably could have spent most of the day answering questions from the locals. The ones I spoke with seem to be very happy see this happening in their community.

IMG_0696.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
IMG_0701.JPG

My mistake Thxdude. I was looking at the TODAY section. I wouldn't hold out much hope for GB in 2015.

I need to travel from Chicago to Green Bay on Thursday. The only way I can drive my Tesla is if the Sheboygan SC is up and operational. Although it LOOKS ready I don't see it in my Nav System, it isn't updated on the web site, etc. I'm assuming that they are waiting on inspections at this point. Does anyone know when they will light these things up for use? I have a call into Tesla and hope to hear back from them tomorrow but thought that perhaps this group will know.

Thanks.

My mistake Thxdude. I was looking at the TODAY section. I wouldn't hold out much hope for GB in 2015.

I need to travel from Chicago to Green Bay on Thursday. The only way I can drive my Tesla is if the Sheboygan SC is up and operational. Although it LOOKS ready I don't see it in my Nav System, it isn't updated on the web site, etc. I'm assuming that they are waiting on inspections at this point. Does anyone know when they will light these things up for use? I have a call into Tesla and hope to hear back from them tomorrow but thought that perhaps this group will know.

Thanks.

I'll my Festy contact if it is open/live yet. Typically there is no official inspection at the end from what I can tell. The electric is hooked up by the utility and completed and the construction peeps do the final items, pack up and leave. After that it is simply a Tesla rep that sent to the site (usually from nearest service center) to test. If they test OK, they call/notify the web site person to go live on the site and update the map. At least that is what happened from other previous ones in the area.

Thanks again. If you hear back by tomorrow that would be great. I can't risk assuming that it works because i have to go there and back in one day and really need the Sheboygan stop to make everything work out. I could always try to stretch it by juicing up in IL by the Nike Outlet but that's a bit too much range anxiety for me. :)

Construction Crew/Electrician meet with a Tesla Rep with a Car to test the stations upon activation. Tests are first done at low power, around 20kW while thermal readings are done all over, the connections, lines, cabinets etc... then tested again at full power if the units pass low power testing. Unless of course, the battery fills up, then the rep goes and rides the brakes on the test vehicle to bring SOC down enough to hit max charge rates.