Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Shelby, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just an update. I’m currently charging here. The Barn is still closed. There is a van there next to restaurant. I’m assuming work is being done. Like earlier posts there are a couple gas stations nearby and the Cornstalk Cafe across the street to satisfy your rusty spoon cravings. My MR 3 started at 140 kW charge so they must be capable of the said 150 kW maximum. Safe driving.

Great SC / park / gas station combo!
DCA8F055-87EF-465D-AD7A-3AAB2B828FFD.jpeg

I recently made my longest-ever Model S trip, some 4500 miles, including Yellowstone, Mount Rushmore, Badlands, Minnetonka MN (relatives) and Cedar Rapids IA (distant relatives). The trip was a lot of fun overall. The worst Supercharger experience was Wall SD where the chargers were blocked off by some kind of local festival, but the best Supercharger of the entire trip was the "hidden gem" of Shelby Iowa.

Not only do they have a nice C-store (people on this thread call it "the barn") with a small restaurant inside, but there's a totally charming local park literally one inch from the Superchargers, and the start (or end) of a nature trail that I did about a mile out and a mile back on while charging. The trail is noisy when it's close to I-80, but the weather was great and the birdwatching at the nearby pond was a treat.

So Dave's personal rating for Shelby is two thumbs up. If I ever come back this way, I'll probably stop whether or not I need a charge.

• Informative
Reactions: GleanerC and mrau