Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sherman Oaks, CA - Ventura Blvd. (LIVE 13 Dec 2022, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somehow I found the wrong entrance. You drive up and there is a gate that won't let you go to level 3. Thanks to the map posted here I was able to find it

checked it out saturday night

i went this route too - gate was locked and there was another tesla behind me

i had him follow me back down as i went around and turned into the EAST ramps of the NORTH parking garage (closer to the apartment complex)

alot of pressure, but this was the correct approach! there were maybe 4 other tesla's charging - it wasn't charging fast but i wanted to stop by cheesecake factory to pick up a slice and get validation.

the validation at cheesecake was self service and over by the registers next to the cheesecake case - so perhaps making a purchase isnt necessary - but red velvet was so good!!!!!!

Well damn, 40 stalls occupied, mmmm. I wonder if this is really accurate.

Attachments

• ACDF0AC6-FA25-4E5B-9DCC-8DCF9988336E.png
    ACDF0AC6-FA25-4E5B-9DCC-8DCF9988336E.png
    949.6 KB · Views: 109
Confirmed still closed tonight. Gate preventing cars from accessing 3rd level. So curious why. It better not be due to parking fee arguments and what not. They had a year to figure that out. This place is criminally understaffed. We need some kind of code system to validate cars that charge from super chargers.
Open for business today. I too made the mistake of driving right up to the 3rd level to find a gate (pic attached). I learned the hard way unfortunately.
20221229_111033.jpg

Key is if entering from the north side entrance to immediately hang a left turn into the Yellow section of the structure thru a small ramp which gives you access to the side of the structure with the chargers (also pic attached). Had to ask a security guard for directions. If entering from the west entrance, I think it may put you in the correct side of the structure but unable to confirm.

20221229_111344.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: rayluis1988
Open for business today. I too made the mistake of driving right up to the 3rd level to find a gate (pic attached). I learned the hard way unfortunately.
View attachment 890190

Key is if entering from the north side entrance to immediately hang a left turn into the Yellow section of the structure thru a small ramp which gives you access to the side of the structure with the chargers (also pic attached). Had to ask a security guard for directions. If entering from the west entrance, I think it may put you in the correct side of the structure but unable to confirm.

View attachment 890191
Thanks for the tip. Is there a way we can request signage from tesla? It’s embarrassing how complicated it is. This isn’t some 8-stall legacy urban charger. It’s a 40-stall behemoth intended to anchor the SFV and the 405/101 interchange for the next 10+ years.

Side note - it would really stink to be an older tesla with a slower charging curve, road tripping, stopping here after 11pm, and having no options to validate and being stuck with a $5-7 parking fee on top of charging.

Reactions: gravykev
Just drove by at 9am on Wednesday Jan 4. Was about to enter the garage and then read that before 4pm, it’s $2.50 for every 15 minutes just to park. This seems counter to most every lot Tesla has installed chargers in. There are a few in LA that have minimal parking costs (eg, $1 per hour) but have easy validation at stores like Whole Foods and CVS.

I’m not about to pay these rates. Does anyone have other info? Is there a way to get out with a code or some kinda of Tesla validation?

Just drove by at 9am on Wednesday Jan 4. Was about to enter the garage and then read that before 4pm, it’s $2.50 for every 15 minutes just to park. This seems counter to most every lot Tesla has installed chargers in. There are a few in LA that have minimal parking costs (eg, $1 per hour) but have easy validation at stores like Whole Foods and CVS.

I’m not about to pay these rates. Does anyone have other info? Is there a way to get out with a code or some kinda of Tesla validation?
I went on Monday and a quick and delicious coffee at Starbucks will get you a validation. Just be aware of the signs. The previous way to go up now has a gate closing that route. If you get lost ask one of the security guards/parking attendants, the older one at the gate is super friendly and hella funny. Be aware of the turns, they are a bit narrow with big pillars on each side.

Reactions: godofgwar
I went on Monday and a quick and delicious coffee at Starbucks will get you a validation. Just be aware of the signs. The previous way to go up now has a gate closing that route. If you get lost ask one of the security guards/parking attendants, the older one at the gate is super friendly and hella funny. Be aware of the turns, they are a bit narrow with big pillars on each side.
Thanks. This is really valuable intel. I just looked and I think the $1.50 string cheese might be the cheapest thing on the menu 😂

Thanks. This is really valuable intel. I just looked and I think the $1.50 string cheese might be the cheapest thing on the menu 😂

i stated this earlier in this thread but it might have been overlooked

but there is a self service validation machine at the cheesecake factory next to the registers at the side cheesecake display case

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 4SUPER9 and 1100MCM
Dropped in for the first time on my back from Carmel. Got in after 4pm and charged for about 50 minutes. Parking was $3. Found driving up to the 3rd floor to be annoying and a little confusing (pathways are narrow and oddly placed). Exiting however was much easier and faster since you're staying to the inside for every turn. If I were hungry or had more energy I would have walked around and found something to eat but I opted to veg out and reply to some emails instead.

Not really a fan of this place, I also got lost on the wrong side of the garage until I pulled over and looked up this thread, thanks to @rayluis1988 for the map!

Good news is that the entrance you’re supposed to use actually has signage out at the street as well as all the way up to the third level. Also I did a touch-and-go charge but didn’t need to pay at the exit (sort of made up for getting charged for the 20 minutes of driving around on the wrong side of the garage). Not sure how long the grace period is here.

Bruce.

1689294917265.jpeg