Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20160330_170406.jpg 20160330_170406.jpg 20160330_164349.jpg On WED MAR 30th, I spoke with the Operations Manager at Mall St. Vincent (1133 St. Vincent Avenue, Shreveport, LA 71104). He said they have an agreement with Tesla to construct a Supercharger location at the mall. (I had actually made a Supercharger location recommendation to Tesla about 18 months ago, to be located at the Louisiana Boardwalk Outlets in Bossier City, LA, a couple of miles from Mall St. Vincent. I kept in touch with the Boardwalk Mgt, but back in mid-FEB they said Mall St. Vincent got the nod.)
The SCs will be located in the northwest corner of the mall at the intersection of Southern Ave and St Vincent Ave, by Dillard's. Also, right at an I-49 interchange. There's already a SWEPCO (power company) marker stake in place, likely the location for the power source. Pretty sure there will be 8 charging spaces. The Ops Mgr knew nothing of permitting nor a construction schedule. Having the SCs in Jackson (Pearl), MS at I-20 now online, the Lindale, TX SCs at I-20 under construction, and Alexandria, LA at I-49 in permitting, maybe Shreveport could be next (but who am I to guess!). The mall includes the following (from their website): Great American Cookies, Grimaldi's Pizza, Nestle Tollhouse Cafe, Piccadilly Cafeteria, and Pretzel Maker. Don't think there's actually a food court. Have pics if I can figure how to add them.
20160330_183902.jpg

Patrick

Attachments

• 20160330_170406.jpg
    20160330_170406.jpg
    313.7 KB · Views: 157
  • 20160330_164349.jpg
    20160330_164349.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 142
I just got back home from Mall St. Vincent in Shreveport. Construction is under way on a supercharger site in the northwest corner of the parking lot directly west of the west entrance to Dillard's, the store which anchors the north end of the mall. The distance from the superchargers to that entrance is no more than fifty yards. The exit from I-49 is Kings Highway. That exit is one exit south of I-20, so the location is convenient to both interstate highways.

Holy cow, I was planning a trip through Shreveport in a few weeks on I-20 from Florida using Jackson, MS.

I was planning on an overnight in Monroe at the Hampton Inn since they have destination charging , but if Shreveport is online I would stay in Shreveport instead and get a headstart towards Lindale and Denton.

Keep us posted with the status here, I will definitely be an early user if it's open by Memorial Day.

I just got back home from Mall St. Vincent in Shreveport. Construction is under way on a supercharger site in the northwest corner of the parking lot directly west of the west entrance to Dillard's, the store which anchors the north end of the mall. The distance from the superchargers to that entrance is no more than fifty yards. The exit from I-49 is Kings Highway. That exit is one exit south of I-20, so the location is convenient to both interstate highways.
This is great news! Thanks so much for going to check it out and for the pics. Looking forward to updates!

Holy cow, I was planning a trip through Shreveport in a few weeks on I-20 from Florida using Jackson, MS.

I was planning on an overnight in Monroe at the Hampton Inn since they have destination charging , but if Shreveport is online I would stay in Shreveport instead and get a headstart towards Lindale and Denton.

Keep us posted with the status here, I will definitely be an early user if it's open by Memorial Day.
both shreveport and linsdale are not online yet, check before leaving.

Careful here guys. Any conversation with the workers about what they were actually doing? This is the future location of the SCs that I wrote about yesterday at...
New Shreveport, LA Supercharger StationStation
...but this could be the power company, SWEPCO, getting the power to the location. I doubt there's been a permit issued. When I was there on MAR 30th, a SWEPCO rep said they'd be working on providing the pwr source "in a few weeks." In my post, I provided a pic that shows a SWEPCO-flagged stake at about the 8th pkng space from the corner. The mall's Ops Mgr gave me a copy of the mall site plan - he marked that corner as the future SC location. I HOPE I'M WRONG and that they are WAY ahead of schedule. (I'm from FL and have driven to Shreveport every 2-3 months for 4 years. Would be great if it's in before my next jaunt!)

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
I stopped by the Shreveport supercharger location a couple of hours ago. Spoke again with the project supervisor. Besides the installation of equipment visible in the three attached photographs, he said the slab for the transformer has been poured, but the transformer itself was not in. He also said they were expecting delivery of additional equipment. The weather was fine today. Barring some holdup from SWEPCO, some delay in the shipment of the remaining equipment, or bad weather, completion should be "soon". I plan to check by daily and snap a few photographs, more as the project takes shape.Shreveport supercharger construction  4-22-16 a.jpg Shreveport supercharger construction  4-22-16 b.jpg Shreveport supercharger construction  4-22-16 c.jpg
Shreveport supercharger construction  4-22-16 a.jpg
Shreveport supercharger construction  4-22-16 b.jpg

The gating items on most supercharger completions are the transformer delivery and hookup. Either of those can take weeks or months for no discernible reason. Everything else usually takes 4-6 weeks from start to finish, depending on the weather.

The new Supercharger in Shreveport is terrific.
Makes getting to Florida much more direct routing from North Texas: DFW to Lindale to Shreveport to Pearl to Mobile to FL.
Probably going to be one more Supercharger needed/added around Monroe as it is near the Mid-point (221 miles) from Shreveport to Pearl.

• Funny
Assuming Lindale is open by next month, Plan B is to overnight charge in Monroe at Hampton Inn. Lindale is 201 miles from Monroe.

If Shreveport is open, Plan A is overnight in Shreveport.

Plan C is route through Baton Rouge and overnight charge at RV park in Natchitoches....

Being in west Texas with an early Tesla, I'm experienced at RV park charging....

• Informative
Reddy,
You gave me a charge a couple of years ago when I was a 0 RM. Thanks again and I hope this SC is open before your Memorial Day trip.

Looks like the I20 path to Atlanta is going to go through this year - yeah! Now for I40 so I can get to Greenville, SC.

Craig , you were a pioneer doing transcontinental both directions when the SC network was barely in existence.

Gotta say, seeing you coast in to my house with zero miles remaining was amazing.

Work continues to progress. These pictures are from just before noon Saturday. The closeup shows what I believe is the pad for the transformer. Weather is good, so work continued Saturday. Somehow I managed to not actually post on Saturday. Went by today, Sunday, about 3:00 PM, and the crew was working on setting up the equipment and the housing around it. Will check again on Monday or Tuesday and report with additional pictures if the visuals have changed significantly by then.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger construction  4-23-16 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger construction 4-23-16 a.jpg
    462.5 KB · Views: 157
  • Shreveport supercharger construction  4-23-16 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger construction 4-23-16 b.jpg
    450.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Shreveport supercharger construction  4-23-16 c.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger construction 4-23-16 c.jpg
    459 KB · Views: 157
Reactions: NOLA_Mike
These are pictures from today, Sunday. For some reason a fourth picture wouldn't upload. It was just a clearer picture of the transformer pad.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 a.jpg
    573.7 KB · Views: 167
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 b.jpg
    592.6 KB · Views: 157
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 d.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 d.jpg
    489.2 KB · Views: 164
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.24.16 a.jpg