Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for the photos. Keep em comin!

As others have pointed out, there can be a delay on getting a working transformer from the power company, getting a meter installed, and then getting final commissioning from Tesla.

So the unit can look good to go, and wait days or weeks before it is available.

I would have to think Monroe has got to be in final stages of permitting to finish out I-20 coast to coast. Any news from Monroe?

• Helpful
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
@whartline. The last time I counted (a year or so ago) there were 10-12 owners in the Shreveport area, Maybe we should meet at the supercharger once it's finished or when it is commissioned and actually on. I don't think we have ever all gotten together. I already have email addresses for a number of local owners. Let me know yours (whether you are an owner or not, but let me know which) by email to me ([email protected]) and I'll add you to the list. And anyone else who hasn't already received an email from me. David Wolf from NOLA is keeping track statewide. I will pass addresses on to him as well unless requested not to do so.

I went by the construction site about 1:00 PM today. Pictures below. The charging equipment is fully enclosed, and installation of the stalls has begun. I don't know if you can count from the photographs, but there are 8, not 6. I think the number 6 was obtained from the permitting office. Anyway, I counted them and confirmed the number with one of the workers and his supervisor.

Shreveport supercharger 4.25.16 a.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.25.16 b.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.25.16 c.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.25.16 d.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.25.16 e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am also birddogging Monroe, Meridian, and Hattiesburg, MS. Nothing at all yet from Hattiesburg or Forrest County. Likely location will be at the intersection of US49 and I59 though. A few minutes ago I was told by Meridian city planning that a site has been determined. A permit had been applied for and has either been issued or is about to be. The superchargers will be located at Bonita Lakes Mall, near I20-59 (the two highways join as they pass through Meridian) on the east side of the city. As far as I have been able to tell, Monroe has not been permitted, but the site will be at Garrett Road, probably somewhere in Pecanland Mall. Alexandria has been permitted, of course, and Lindale / Tyler, TX, is under construction. So there is definitely activity underway to complete the proposed supercharger infrastructure for this area in the near future. There are two crews working in the area (Tyler and Shreveport), but there are also two permits west of Dallas and one more east of Dallas.

John,

Amazing information.

It looks like things are progressing quickly on the install. They could seriously be done with their install by the end of the week at this rate, and simply be waiting for the transformer to be installed, connected, and checked out after that.

As has already been mentioned, the local electric company is usually the rate limiting step on that. Hope the local utility has their act together.

For some reason a third photograph didn't load. It clearly shows eight unfinished stalls. The second of the photographs below is pretty much unchanged since yesterday showing the enclosure for the charging equipment most if not all of which is inside. The first photograph shows an installed transformer. Of course the pictures don't show whether and what electrical connections have been made and tested with among the enclosed equipment and the transformer or the transformer and the grid. So we don't know how close we are to a useable supercharger location. But the construction is moving along at a good pace.

Shreveport supercharger 4.26.16 a.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.26.16 b.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: bollar
Yes, this looks like the transformer, and without the meter. Usually the meter is the last step just before commissioning.

It is extremely favorable to already have your transformer already installed.

Given that the Tesla people seem to commission these in pairs, I would not be surprised if they do Lindale on 1 day, then Shreveport the next.

Denton was commissioned on one day, and Amarillo the next day back in November.

As it happened, the weather was not a problem today. I have attached several pictures which show, I believe, that the meter is, or meters are, installed. The pavement has been cleaned and the parking area painted and lined. Work is continuing within the enclosure, but it appears that all the equipment is inside it. And, as you can see, the eight stalls are finished. Unless some major piece of equipment is missing, there doesn't appear to be much left to do other than testing and commissioning. There are no 'EV parking only' signs so far.

I am going to be out of town beginning tomorrow and will be gone until sometime Sunday. That is the earliest I will be able to report again although I will stop by tomorrow about 11:00 AM on my way out of town. Somebody else might want to keep an eye on things. For all we know the site will be commissioned before I get back.

Shreveport supercharger 4.27.16 a.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.27.16 e.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.27.16 f.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.27.16 g.jpg
Shreveport supercharger 4.27.16 j.jpg

Reactions: NOLA_Mike
I went by yesterday, Thursday, about 11::00 AM on my way out of town. There were three SWEPCO trucks there working in and around the meter and the equipment within the enclosure. Looks a lot like finishing touches being done. Of course, final testing and commissioning by Tesla remains to be done, but a lot of progress continues to be made. I will post some photos from yesterday later, but they may be out of date by then. Thanks to @whartline for monitoring while I am out of town.

Here are photos from yesterday. The content of most of the photos is clear. The ones with the workers carrying a long pole, I believe those are poles for additional lighting, but I can't be certain.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 b.jpg
    495 KB · Views: 97
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 c.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 c.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 d.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 d.jpg
    530.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 e.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 e.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 95
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 f.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 f.jpg
    390.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 h.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 h.jpg
    317.4 KB · Views: 102
  • Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 a.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMGP9304Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 g.jpg
    IMGP9304Shreveport supercharger 4.28.16 g.jpg
    405.4 KB · Views: 91
Wow.
And gasp!!!

This is really moving along at a break-neck clip.

Lighting pole the two guys are carrying (also may have camera?) probably needs to be installed and connected.

Transformer is in place (huge plus),
Electrical Cables are being pulled.
Meter still needs to be set.
Fence appears it needs very minor finish up.
Superchargers still need their cables installed and hooked up.

And then some final affirmative inspections by local Code officials
And finally: Tesla Supercharger switch gurus need to come visit and give the whole shebang their blessing.

Voila.

Possibly (really asking a lot for this to happen so quickly)this coming week May 2, certainly the following week of May 9th, things should be finalized and active.

Just WOW.

Looks complete. You can see the meter is in place. Hope that we get an announcement the system is operational. This has got to be one of the fastest installs we've seen. Hope to see more like this.

So who will be the first to charge at Shreveport, Whartline or Johngratcliff ? I suspect we will see photos of that soon....

Each Supercharger Pylon still needs its cable.

Local inspector(s) still needs to review and final Approve all Permits.
Power company needs to come and activate.
Supercharger team still needs to come, test and put entire facility on-line -- ready to Supercharge.