Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got back into town yesterday and drove by the supercharger location. Looks complete although I did not spend a lot of time looking (been on the road most of the day and out of town for a few). Thunderstorm this morning, so I doubt there will be much work or final testing done today. I will drive by later just to check. As for who gets to charge first, I don't care. Personally, I am glad that Shreveport and the other I-20 locations are opening. Together with Alexandria, LA, and Hattiesburg, MS, my regular Tesla stomping ground will be covered. More generally, Louisiana will be complete as will Mississippi from I20 south although the next thing we know Grenada, MS, will just open up like Pearl did. I don't know if anyone is birddogging it and the other proposed sites in Mississippi north of I20. I am not. So far. Thanks to whartline for keeping an eye on the Shreveport location while I was absent.

I went by the Shreveport supercharger location yesterday and today, but not much has happened since I posted my last photos. I have taken some more that are close ups (the construction fence is down, so you can actually walk up to the different parts of the site) and may post them later.

As several individuals have noted, the charging cables have not been installed yet. My guess is that installation is relatively simple and may be done by the Tesla crew that does the final testing, turns the site on and commissions it. If anyone has another guess or, preferably, actually knows something, please post it.

I hope to find time in the next day or so to see whether local owners want to get together at the site. It would be nice to do it when the site is commissioned so that we could be early chargers, but I do not have a source for when commissioning will take place. In any case the supercharger station will provide the local owners an opportunity to gather. A number of us have met, but it would be fun to have a meeting of most of us, perhaps as early as this or next weekend.

I'm new to the forum and a new owner of a used Model S.

Just an observation about the lack of the actual supercharger cable.

In looking at the recent pictures of the Lindale site, it does have the cables but this one does not - despite it appearing to be more complete.

I don't know why this is the case but guessing they are waiting for parts and that is probably the hold up.

I think they do not install the umbilicals until the site is open for business so as not to give passers by a false sense that if only they get past the barricades they will be able to charge. If you could park, plug in, and it doesn't work then you'd be on the phone to Tesla complaining. But no umbilicals on the pedestals states in no uncertain terms the site is not open.

Nothing really new at Shreveport as of this morning when I drove by. I am attaching photographs from May 2nd. The site looked just like this this morning. As you can see, the construction fence is gone. I note that Sulphur Springs, TX, and Alexandria, LA, are now under construction according to supercharge.info.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 a.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 107
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 b.jpg
    291.7 KB · Views: 108
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 c.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 c.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 d.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 d.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 e.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 e.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 88
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 f.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 f.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 g.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 g.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 98
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 h.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 h.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 100
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 i.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 i.jpg
    223.3 KB · Views: 90
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 j.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.2.16 j.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 97
The construction crew added the charging cables today, and there was a Tesla technician who came later (I had gone to get my camera in between) in a black P85. He was working inside the box when I arrived. I didn't realize he was there until the door opened and he came out. Photographs attached. The technician, who may or may not know exactly when, indicated that the site could be open very soon. What that actually amounts to remains unclear, but there was additional work done today. Besides installation of the cables, the red cones and the plastic covers were removed. Everything was wiped down or dusted. Also, a length of chain was removed from the box. That's all I noticed.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 a.jpg
    466.6 KB · Views: 79
  • Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 b.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 77
  • Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 c.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 c.jpg
    372.9 KB · Views: 92
  • Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 e.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 e.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 f.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 f.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 72
  • Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 g.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 05.11.2016 g.jpg
    306.6 KB · Views: 73
Not sure when it will be officially opened, but the Shreveport superchargers are functional. I have attached photographs. The first ones were routine. Then I spoke with the Tesla technician who indicated that he had only a few things more to do before the site was completely ready. Then he told me that I could charge if I liked. So the visit stopped being routine, and I started charging. The tech left before I finished either on a break or because he was finished. I left about 11:50.

If anyone local is interested in meeting there this weekend, say Saturday between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM, let me know. I tentatively plan to be there then. Of course, anyone can drop by whenever they like. If you want to propose a different get together time or day, please post. David Wolf has sent an email to his Monroe and Shreveport Tesla owners list as well. You can respond that way as well.

Attachments

• Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 a.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 a.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 b.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 b.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 71
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 c.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 c.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 80
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 d.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 d.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 77
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 e.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 e.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 f.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 f.jpg
    387 KB · Views: 73
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 g.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 g.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 80
  • Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 h.jpg
    Shreveport supercharger 5.12.216 h.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 80
  • Love
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Not sure when it will be officially opened, but the Shreveport superchargers are functional. I have attached photographs. The first ones were routine. Then I spoke with the Tesla technician who indicated that he had only a few things more to do before the site was completely ready. Then he told me that I could charge if I liked. So the visit stopped being routine, and I started charging. The tech left before I finished either on a break or because he was finished. I left about 11:50.

If anyone local is interested in meeting there this weekend, say Saturday between 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM, let me know. I tentatively plan to be there then. Of course, anyone can drop by whenever they like. If you want to propose a different get together time or day, please post. David Wolf has sent an email to his Monroe and Shreveport Tesla owners list as well. You can respond that way as well.
Congratulations!

Yes, Congratulations and Thank You for the information. It is now possible to make Birmingham from Dallas in 3 steps of about 220 miles. I've not pushed my 90D that far between charges in the 5.5 months I've had it but may try it if Lindale, Jackson, and Meridian don't come on line soon.