Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger signage question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Patrick W

Mar 17, 2015
SLC, UT
Supercharger stations have the two signs shown in the attached picture.

I understand the one reading "Electric Vehicle Parking" but am not sure about the one reading "30 Minute General Parking".

Does the latter indicate we can only charge there for 30 minutes? Or that other kinds of vehicles can park there too but only for 30 minutes? Or something else entirely?

And speaking of attached pictures, I have several pictures in my "Manage Attachments" folder that I've used in previous posts. Is there some way to remove them for the "Manage Attachments" folder. If they can be removed will removing them from the folder also remove them from my prior posts?

signs.jpg

General parking means anyone can park there for any reason. That type of sign is generally there because either the property owner doesn't believe there will ever be more than one or two EVs ever charging there, or the city has a minimum non-reserved parking standard. It's unfortunate the signs don't look like official signs because people ignore both. (No one has to obey a non-official looking sign. Official looking EV parking signs are white and green and have the words fine or tow in them.)

However, I suspect the stages we will see are:

1. Tesla pays (rents space) to have SCs put in (not including installation and maintenance).

2. Tesla puts them in for no charge.

3. The property owner pays Tesla for the privilege of having a Supercharger.