Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Silverthorne, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It will be interesting to see if they expand it in the existing lot (which isn't that big and some spots shared with Starbucks) or if they'll add a new location nearby.
Yes, not a lot of room. They might be able to double stalls, perhaps to the north, but not more than that unless they use another location.

Silverthorne Supercharger Station.png

I do like that location for its food and coffee options. But it is a busy site. Thanks for the expansion, Tesla!

Where do you like to eat there? I walked up the hill to The Bakers Brewery and it was pretty good.

I decided to run out to this Supercharger shortly after getting my new X a few months ago and just before a long road trip, just to make sure everything worked OK. An arrival, I was the only one there and I was surprised to see how fast it got busy, shortly after the car finished charging I got the notice on my phone I would start getting billed soon due to the high usage. So I stopped eating, walked down and was surprised to find 4 other Teslas charging.

The long road trip was to MN and I only ran into other Teslas at the very last Supercharger stop.

I'm surprised, I've never seen more than one or two other cars at Silverthorne. However, if it is getting crowded I'm glad I no longer need to use that Supercharger Station now that Poncha Springs is open.

Are there any other stations here in Colorado that fill up? I've never seen one that was even half full.

I'm surprised, I've never seen more than one or two other cars at Silverthorne. However, if it is getting crowded I'm glad I no longer need to use that Supercharger Station now that Poncha Springs is open.

Are there any other stations here in Colorado that fill up? I've never seen one that was even half full.
No, not anymore. The only time I've ever waited was at the old Park Meadows Mall 4-stall site before the new stations were built there.
The 4 or 5 times I've used Silverthorne, it has always been busy, but I've never waited.

At least at Silverthorne turnover should be quick. Eastbound cars need very little additional charge to make Denver. Westbound cars don't need much either, unless they are planning to skip Glenwood Springs or do a lot of local driving around the ski towns (Vail and back, perhaps). Silverthorne has typically been one of my shortest Supercharging stops.