TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Silverthorne, CO

Discussion in 'Mountain/Southwest Supercharger locations' started by MorrisonHiker, Dec 10, 2017.

1. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 100D 2020.4.1

I couldn't find an official thread for Silverthorne yet so creating this one.

At today's Tesla Owner's Social in Lone Tree, the Tesla charging employee said they will be expanding the Silverthorne site in mid 2018.

• Like x 1
  2. Armadillos

Armadillos Member

It's going to need it. Was up there a few weeks ago skiing, and even then almost all of the charging spots were full. I'm thinking this winter it's going to be packed.

3. MorrisonHiker

It will be interesting to see if they expand it in the existing lot (which isn't that big and some spots shared with Starbucks) or if they'll add a new location nearby.

4. dgpcolorado

dgpcolorado high altitude member

Yes, not a lot of room. They might be able to double stalls, perhaps to the north, but not more than that unless they use another location.

Silverthorne Supercharger Station.png

5. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

I do like that location for its food and coffee options. But it is a busy site. Thanks for the expansion, Tesla!

6. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

A 2nd location down the road in Frisco would be great.

7. dgpcolorado

Not that it would happen, but I'd like to see the expansion at the City Market so that I could do some shopping while waiting. Not as conveniently located though.

8. brd7

brd7 Member

Where do you like to eat there? I walked up the hill to The Bakers Brewery and it was pretty good.

I decided to run out to this Supercharger shortly after getting my new X a few months ago and just before a long road trip, just to make sure everything worked OK. An arrival, I was the only one there and I was surprised to see how fast it got busy, shortly after the car finished charging I got the notice on my phone I would start getting billed soon due to the high usage. So I stopped eating, walked down and was surprised to find 4 other Teslas charging.

The long road trip was to MN and I only ran into other Teslas at the very last Supercharger stop.

9. MorrisonHiker

The Mountain Lyon Cafe is great for breakfast or lunch.

10. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

Coffee at Starbucks, and lunch at either Chipotle or the Which Wich sandwich shop. We've never been there for dinner so we haven't explored beyond the immediate area.

11. brd7

brd7 Member

Thanks, I'll check it out!

I can get those anywhere, so I am more interested in exploring the unique options.

12. MX458Dave

MX458Dave Member

4D1F377C-AA20-4A10-91CD-719FBBF02FFB.jpeg Well, this is a first for me. The Silverthorne supercharger is full. It is spring break, but that is concerning for the future.

13. MorrisonHiker

They do have an expansion planned for Silverthorne in mid 2018 but we don't know if it will be in the same spot or a different lot.

14. dgpcolorado

I'm surprised, I've never seen more than one or two other cars at Silverthorne. However, if it is getting crowded I'm glad I no longer need to use that Supercharger Station now that Poncha Springs is open.

Are there any other stations here in Colorado that fill up? I've never seen one that was even half full.

15. Solarman004

Solarman004 Member

No, not anymore. The only time I've ever waited was at the old Park Meadows Mall 4-stall site before the new stations were built there.
    The 4 or 5 times I've used Silverthorne, it has always been busy, but I've never waited.

16. Mkorpal

Mkorpal Member

I saw the new Park Meadows supercharger nearly full once during the December holiday rush.

17. MX458Dave

MX458Dave Member

I use silverthorne whenever I ski, but this is by far the most I’ve ever seen. Usually 1 other car only. I’ve never seen any Colorado charger half full. It’s the one thing that concerns me about the electric future.

18. dgpcolorado

At least at Silverthorne turnover should be quick. Eastbound cars need very little additional charge to make Denver. Westbound cars don't need much either, unless they are planning to skip Glenwood Springs or do a lot of local driving around the ski towns (Vail and back, perhaps). Silverthorne has typically been one of my shortest Supercharging stops.

19. masamitsu

masamitsu Member

I've seen it full once but 1/2 of the cars were non-Tesla's. It's good to all the Tesla's around and excited to see how/where they are going to expand this location.

20. verdee

verdee Member

I’ve seen signs that the outlets across the street are getting revamped, wonder if they will move it over there