Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Simi Valley, CA - Tierra Rejada Rd. (LIVE 22 Sep 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you have decent charge speed at this new location?

111kW max. Took about 30 minutes to go from 56 miles to 197. SR+

Kind of useless if they’re all V3

My car certainly didn't reach up to it's max 170kW so I didn't charge at one of the supposed V3 stalls.

Whoever can charge up to 250 post a pic if you can reach that and at which stall to confirm. I haven't gone back yet to check

Last edited:
Looks like you showed up right after I left last night

dipoiQo.jpg

mPUSkBn.jpg

Ya it does show 120 max

2AWahIl.jpg

I was just looking at all the chargers. Didn't know that about the cable widths. Will have to go take another look and see which ones are V3

They should get them labeled like
Tesla-V3-Supercharger-01.jpg
They definitely look like V3s.
My battery SoC was high, so I cannot tell what the max output is. I am going to work tomorrow and will come back with an empty battery. I will go check if the car can draw more than 120 kW.

Reactions: Mr X
111kW max. Took about 30 minutes to go from 56 miles to 197. SR+
My car certainly didn't reach up to it's max 170kW so I didn't charge at one of the supposed V3 stalls.
Whoever can charge up to 250 post a pic if you can reach that and at which stall to confirm. I haven't gone back yet to check

All the stalls are V3. V3 isn't defined by the charging speed, it's about what type of hardware was installed and this entire site is V3. The note on the navigation saying a 120 kW max is an error. When Tesla first adds an open site to their database, it's not unheard of for them to have it listed with the wrong information for a little while. It will eventually get corrected.

All the stalls are V3. V3 isn't defined by the charging speed, it's about what type of hardware was installed and this entire site is V3. The note on the navigation saying a 120 kW max is an error. When Tesla first adds an open site to their database, it's not unheard of for them to have it listed with the wrong information for a little while. It will eventually get corrected.

On a V3 my car is capable of charging up to 170kW. When I charged at Hawthorne's V3 SC I got 168kW with tons of other cars charging.

When I plugged in today at Simi's "V3" I was the only one there at the time and was only getting 111kW max.

I also tried 2 different stalls today and got the same. That's V2 speed. So 120 kW seems accurate as of right now.

If Simi SC is a V3 then max supercharger speed is currently not enabled or something is wrong with my car accepting max charge rate (doubt that)

Will go again in a few days and see if it charges any faster

On a V3 my car is capable of charging up to 170kW. When I charged at Hawthorne's V3 SC I got 168kW with tons of other cars charging.

When I plugged in today at Simi's "V3" I was the only one there at the time and was only getting 111kW max.

I also tried 2 different stalls today and got the same. That's V2 speed. So 120 kW seems accurate as of right now.

If Simi SC is a V3 then max supercharger speed is currently not enabled or something is wrong with my car accepting max charge rate (doubt that)

Will go again in a few days and see if it charges any faster

You didn't mention battery level before plugging in - I'm sure you know that makes a big difference in what you will be limited to.

They definitely look like V3s.
My battery SoC was high, so I cannot tell what the max output is. I am going to work tomorrow and will come back with an empty battery. I will go check if the car can draw more than 120 kW.
Came with 24% tonight. At the beginning the rate was over 140 kW. The highest I saw was 143 kW, then it quickly dropped to 110 kW at 31%, and I stopped charging and drove away.
20200924_192538.jpg

Went to this SC for the first time yesterday and it's magnificent. As I was navigating there I noticed on the nav that this SC is labeled "Simi Valley - Tierra Rejada Rd." I don't recall tesla throwing the street names after the city on superchargers unless there are 2 SC stations in the same city (ie Thousand Oaks). Could it be possible tesla is working on a second station in Simi valley or am I just dreaming here?

Reactions: MarcoRP
Since I see the bases in place, the conduit is almost certainly already installed, so they shouldn't have to do any digging except for signposts. They may have already installed the cable, or just left a pull cord for easy installation later.
Right. No digging. The conduits are there. Just need to install the cabinets, pedestals, and pull the cables through the conduits.

qB1v676.jpg

A new low. Urban Supercharger speed on a V3
2jGLbyQ.png
timduncanokthatsenuf.png

Went to a different stall this time too.

There was an S and a Y there. Talked to the owner of the Y and he was only getting around 90kW at the time and thought he was suppose to be getting more. The S wasn't getting a lot either.

So it's not only me. Doesn't seem like this charger is fully optimized to deliver its full energy output consistently

Gonna call Elon and talk to him about this
ynhSzlC.png

122 kW max last night on my brand new X LR+ that is capable of 250 kW. My SOC was 45%. Someone needs to charge at 8-10% SOC with a warm battery to see what this one is capable of today. It is weird that the NAV says 120 kW max, maybe the grid feed is under spec or there is another issue with the infra.

Reactions: Mr X