Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Simi Valley, CA - Tierra Rejada Rd. (LIVE 22 Sep 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• CA3C5CD0-DCFB-4110-ABB2-3984CB7AB14E.jpeg
    CA3C5CD0-DCFB-4110-ABB2-3984CB7AB14E.jpeg
    688 KB · Views: 100
Has there been any further movement as well as confirmation of when these chargers will be open?

Latest updates were just yesterday...see posts upthread.

Experience has shown that confirmation of an opening date comes when someone can drive their Tesla up to a Supercharger stall, plug their car in, and receive power. Until then, you don't know anything for sure, despite what workers, city officials, property owners, Tesla employees, etc. will tell you.

Bruce.

Did I miss a Tesla announcement of Supercharger fee increases? This Tesla webpage says that all US per-kWh stations are $0.28/kWh, but the image above shows $0.32/kWh for the Simi Supercharger. If there was an announcement, can someone link to it? I know that last year they bumped the rate to $0.32, but then dropped it to $0.28 after a massive customer outcry.

Did I miss a Tesla announcement of Supercharger fee increases? This Tesla webpage says that all US per-kWh stations are $0.28/kWh, but the image above shows $0.32/kWh for the Simi Supercharger. If there was an announcement, can someone link to it? I know that last year they bumped the rate to $0.32, but then dropped it to $0.28 after a massive customer outcry.
If you re-read that page carefully, you'll see that the $0.28/kWh price is the AVERAGE price for all US locations that charge by the kWh, not the price for all US per-kWh stations. They are all individually priced and their prices can and do change around from time to time. Some stations are cheaper and some are more expensive, but on average they are $0.28/kWh. The only place to see the actual price for a specific supercharger is in the in-car navigation.

I am a new Tesla owner and have never charged at a super charger so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I pulled up this SC location in my Tesla navigation and noticed "120 kW max" was listed for this location, the online supercharger network indicates 250 kW as it is the V3 chargers. Any idea on why I would see 120 kW?

I am a new Tesla owner and have never charged at a super charger so I apologize if this is a dumb question. I pulled up this SC location in my Tesla navigation and noticed "120 kW max" was listed for this location, the online supercharger network indicates 250 kW as it is the V3 chargers. Any idea on why I would see 120 kW?

120 kW would be a V2 supercharger, but it sounds like the nav info was wrong.

Thinner black cables, no silver band = V3
Thicker black cables, with silver band = V2

There are other substantial differences like the cabinets to distinguish it from a V2.

The pictures on this site clearly show the equipment installed was V3.

• Informative
Reactions: wildguess

Looks like you showed up right after I left last night

dipoiQo.jpg

mPUSkBn.jpg

120 kW would be a V2 supercharger, but it sounds like the nav info was wrong.

Thinner black cables, no silver band = V3
Thicker black cables, with silver band = V2

There are other substantial differences like the cabinets to distinguish it from a V2.

The pictures on this site clearly show the equipment installed was V3.

Ya it does show 120 max

2AWahIl.jpg

I was just looking at all the chargers. Didn't know that about the cable widths. Will have to go take another look and see which ones are V3

They should get them labeled like
Tesla-V3-Supercharger-01.jpg

Looks like you showed up right after I left last night

dipoiQo.jpg

mPUSkBn.jpg

Ya it does show 120 max

2AWahIl.jpg

I was just looking at all the chargers. Didn't know that about the cable widths. Will have to go take another look and see which ones are V3

They should get them labeled like
Tesla-V3-Supercharger-01.jpg

Kind of useless if they’re all V3

Reactions: Chuq