Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t have any news on this SC but I am excited about it too!

Other supercharger construction threads have posted/searched electrical permits available on public record. I tried to search today but I couldn’t find a place on the web to search for these permits in Sioux City.

Anyone else have an idea how to track the construction of this SC?

No news regarding permits or how to track it, but in the South Dakota facebook group we have been requesting for it to be built at the HyVee in South Sioux City, NE. If we get enough people requesting it to be built there through Tesla's website maybe they will see how needed it is.

Reactions: Prairie
South Sioux City, NE permit guy emailed back to let me know they have not received a Tesla Electrical Permit Application yet. He said to feel free to reach back out to him next month though! Did not confirm nor deny Tesla’s interest in a SC in South Sioux City, NE. I’ll update the thread if I hear anything back from Sioux City, Iowa.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and IdaX
South Sioux City, NE permit guy emailed back to let me know they have not received a Tesla Electrical Permit Application yet. He said to feel free to reach back out to him next month though! Did not confirm nor deny Tesla’s interest in a SC in South Sioux City, NE. I’ll update the thread if I hear anything back from Sioux City, Iowa.
Great work and research! But bummer nothing is in immediate works.
Did he just say he can't comment on Tesla? If so, that may be a positive sign.

Nah, this was our email:

"We have not received a request for a permit for a Tesla super charger. Please feel free to check back with me again in a month or so.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2019 11:11 AM
To: Kent Zimmerman <[email protected]>
Subject: Electrical Permit Status

Hello,

I am interested in trying to follow the build-out of the Tesla Electric Car Super Charger their website indicates is “coming in 2019.” I have noticed other cities have a publicly available electrical permit search that would help us track the progress of the Super Charger build out. Does South Sioux City have anything like this? If not, can you tell me if a permit has been filed/granted/open for Tesla in your city? Also, any idea where the Super Charger will be built?

Hope you are having a great start to your week!

Jake"

Sioux City, IA

Along Primary Interstates: I-29
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-20, US-75
Along Auxiliary Interstates:

To: Sioux Falls, SD - 87.8 miles
Diversion: 3.7 miles
To: Fargo, ND (Permit) - 328.1 miles

US-20
To: Dubuque, IA - 298.5 miles

To: Dows, IA (US-20, I-35) - 163.5 miles

The prospects for I-29 seem to be improving.
If this and all other locations known are built, there'd only be the gap between Sioux Falls, SD and Fargo, ND to go.

One day the US Numbered Highways will also have Supercharger coverage, but, one step at a time.

Amen! I frequently drive from the western suburbs of the twin cities to Omaha via Worthington and Sioux City. In the summer my mid range model 3 has no trouble making the Worthington to Omaha trip but winter would be a challenge. Sioux City will make this a very stress free trip. It will also help out those headed to Okoboji to the NE and destinations like Valentine, NE to the west.

• Love
Reactions: Prairie
I stopped by the Hy-Vee at 4500 Sergeant Rd this afternoon and I didn't see any construction yet. I even drove around behind the building where they load/unload trailers. I did see the spot where I assume their electrical service transformer is located (a big green metal box on the ground). The parking lot actually didn't look that full, since it stretches all the way to the Hy-Vee Gas station to the north of the store.

Attachments

• IMG_20190722_155019.jpg
    IMG_20190722_155019.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 159