Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the store today and the manager is just as mystified about the delay as we are. He suggested emailing Hy-Vee corporate so I did. We'll see what they say. Weeks ago, at the suggestion of a Tesla Charging Dept employee, I started emailing [email protected] and [email protected]. No replies yet (but no bounce backs either) Maybe if we flood those email addresses we'll get their attention. Anyone see a downside to irritating them? I don't.

• Love
Reactions: mbarsoom
I called the store today and the manager is just as mystified about the delay as we are. He suggested emailing Hy-Vee corporate so I did. We'll see what they say. Weeks ago, at the suggestion of a Tesla Charging Dept employee, I started emailing [email protected] and [email protected]. No replies yet (but no bounce backs either) Maybe if we flood those email addresses we'll get their attention. Anyone see a downside to irritating them? I don't.
I'm all for doing a flood campaign, especially an organized one. But I wonder if it might be best if we time it when we'd have the most luck. So much is shut down right now that waiting a month or two may bring us more success.

Reactions: android04
I agree. Let's campaign when their business returns to a normal state. I've attempted contacting Hy-Vee through their website contact form before and a manager usually gives me a call. I find it a little funny that HyVee is pretty pro-Tesla, but use fuel saver cards which have no benefit for us!

I agree. Let's campaign when their business returns to a normal state. I've attempted contacting Hy-Vee through their website contact form before and a manager usually gives me a call. I find it a little funny that HyVee is pretty pro-Tesla, but use fuel saver cards which have no benefit for us!
Ya, I've often that dichotomy is weird as well with pro-EV in general and then trying to sell lots of gas.

Living in Nebraska, and with family in the Sioux Falls SD area, we really need the Sioux City Supercharger. Basically we have no choice but to take an ICE going north unless we factor in a two or three hour wait.. South, again with family in the Wichita area we've got a Salina, KS Supercharger, but it's dicey in the winter. North/South in the Plains is hard to plan. East/west generally works well. If anybody has any updates, keep us informed. Thanks!

Reactions: frnkblk
Living in Nebraska, and with family in the Sioux Falls SD area, we really need the Sioux City Supercharger. Basically we have no choice but to take an ICE going north unless we factor in a two or three hour wait.. South, again with family in the Wichita area we've got a Salina, KS Supercharger, but it's dicey in the winter. North/South in the Plains is hard to plan. East/west generally works well. If anybody has any updates, keep us informed. Thanks!
Right there with you but going the opposite direction. So many people in this boat. I would love to tell you I still have hope, but I have more hope for a 500 mile Tesla coming out before this station gets finished.

Anyone have the official date of when this was first promised? I might have misspoke. I believe it was announced in 2016, but not promised until 2017. Regardless, that would likely put it close to 1000 days overdue. So much gas has been burned because this has been delayed.

Permit was requested 318 days ago. That's really the official date. The coming soon dots on the Tesla Find-Us page are just wishful thinking, as in "We want to put one there someday".