Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Permit was requested 318 days ago. That's really the official date. The coming soon dots on the Tesla Find-Us page are just wishful thinking, as in "We want to put one there someday".
True, I get that, but Tesla should probably be held more accountable to that since some people may make purchases based on those maps. I'm not saying that's a super wise decision on those people's parts, but it still happens.

True, I get that, but Tesla should probably be held more accountable to that since some people may make purchases based on those maps. I'm not saying that's a super wise decision on those people's parts, but it still happens.
FWIW, when I purchased my S, there were three SCs and they were in California. It was a few years before they were where I could use them. RV parks worked just fine if you planned carefully so that you didn't spend the day sitting (there weren't any destination chargers back then either). I talked a B&B in Roca into installing a 14-50 so I could go to Lincoln. Just recently upgraded to an X LR+.

Reactions: gnavi and IdaX
I guess back to checking for permits. I would like to see a series of Superchargers to get me to ND. I would really prefer it to be on US 83 or US 183 but anything would be better than nothing. I have an original 2012 model S and even Councils bluffs to Sioux Falls is a push in ideal conditions at Highway speeds.

I guess back to checking for permits. I would like to see a series of Superchargers to get me to ND. I would really prefer it to be on US 83 or US 183 but anything would be better than nothing. I have an original 2012 model S and even Councils bluffs to Sioux Falls is a push in ideal conditions at Highway speeds.
For sure. And the 80 mph speed limit doesn't help. If I don't go at least 75 I feel like I'm going to get ran over, even by the double long semi trucks. So messed up how fast they go sometimes, even on icy roads.

They are installing v3 in long distance locations. We got a v3 in the mountains on I-70 that will have very little local traffic. Of course it would have high numbers of vehicles on I-70. We also got a v3 in one of the local supercharger locations. Denver is certainly larger than souix city.

• Informative
Reactions: frnkblk
They are installing v3 in long distance locations. We got a v3 in the mountains on I-70 that will have very little local traffic. Of course it would have high numbers of vehicles on I-70. We also got a v3 in one of the local supercharger locations. Denver is certainly larger than souix city.
No one is saying that Sioux City is larger than Denver. We are saying the gap is one of the biggest in the country. That is currently not allowing people to drive their Tesla's in the winter in some cases. What is the biggest gap on a major interstate in Colorado?

It's 240+ miles from Sioux Falls to Fargo on 29; it would be great to have superchargers in Sioux City and perhaps Watertown or somewhere else between Sioux Falls and Fargo. Like HyperionMark said, that distance is very difficult especially in the winter.

Reactions: sdoorex
Perhaps we can get Target interested in hosting the Superchargers? Its not as ideal a location as off of Lakeport being that it’s another exit further away from I29 but this is getting a little frustrating that nothing is being done. Any locals have any new info? This thread has gone silent.
I agree. We need to mobilize again as a group to show how unacceptable this is.

Reactions: kwjayhawk
Love's Travel Stop would be a great site! Quality upscale services and they do have SCs at other locations. Let's deluge them with requests at: Love's Contact Us Feel free to copy and paste the following... "Dear Love's, as members of the Tesla owners club, we'd be very grateful (and generous with our $$) if you added a Tesla Supercharger to your Sioux City, IA location. I29 (and US75) are very busy roadways and we'd put good $$ in your till! You can reach Tesla at Charging Partners | Tesla or at Contact | Tesla Thanks for considering it!" Or anything else you think might work. It's time to get this I29 / US75 SC gap closed! We can ALL use Charging Partners | Tesla to suggest/promote/push-for a particular SC location.

Love's Travel Stop would be a great site! Quality upscale services and they do have SCs at other locations. Let's deluge them with requests at: Love's Contact Us Feel free to copy and paste the following... "Dear Love's, as members of the Tesla owners club, we'd be very grateful (and generous with our $$) if you added a Tesla Supercharger to your Sioux City, IA location. I29 (and US75) are very busy roadways and we'd put good $$ in your till! You can reach Tesla at Charging Partners | Tesla or at Contact | Tesla Thanks for considering it!" Or anything else you think might work. It's time to get this I29 / US75 SC gap closed! We can ALL use Charging Partners | Tesla to suggest/promote/push-for a particular SC location.
Done!