Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are the cabinets

Attachments

• 2D9B17E0-1801-4950-9F48-2EDB38E37CBD.jpeg
    2D9B17E0-1801-4950-9F48-2EDB38E37CBD.jpeg
    596.8 KB · Views: 73
I know there was a destination charger being worked on in Sheldon but outside of that I’m now sure. If you check out the PlugShare app you may find some
If you had the CHAdeMO adapter you could have used the DC fast charger at Sheldon's Fareway. With no Tesla SuperCharger option, the only thing is a Level 2 charger and PlugShare is a good place to see if there's a spot where you could drop off the car to get charged.
Here's one: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You
If you stay long enough at your destination, you could just use the mobile adapter on wall outlet.

Last edited:
Wife is from LeMars but family moved away. I use 75 and 18 up to Spencer but typically day trips (I know, it sounds weird).

there’s a chademo adapter locally some owners share so I might just try and bring it. Is the Sheldon chademo on the BP Greenlots app network? ChargePoint is big down in our area but I’ve never used Greenlots.

Wife is from LeMars but family moved away. I use 75 and 18 up to Spencer but typically day trips (I know, it sounds weird).

there’s a chademo adapter locally some owners share so I might just try and bring it. Is the Sheldon chademo on the BP Greenlots app network? ChargePoint is big down in our area but I’ve never used Greenlots.
Are you driving up from Kansas? If so, you could take I-29 to Highway 75/60 and then Hwy 18?
Yes, the Sheldon CHAdeMO is on the Greenlots app network. That's who MidAmerican Energy decided to work with when building out their DCFC coverage (DC Fast-Charging Network). I've used several of the Greenlots ones and I always got it going in the end.

If you needed to borrow a CHAdeMO you could borrow ours -- I live in Sioux Center and you could just swing through there to pick it up and drop it off on the way back.

• Love
Reactions: kwjayhawk
Are you driving up from Kansas? If so, you could take I-29 to Highway 75/60 and then Hwy 18?
Yes, the Sheldon CHAdeMO is on the Greenlots app network. That's who MidAmerican Energy decided to work with when building out their DCFC coverage (DC Fast-Charging Network). I've used several of the Greenlots ones and I always got it going in the end.

If you needed to borrow a CHAdeMO you could borrow ours -- I live in Sioux Center and you could just swing through there to pick it up and drop it off on the way back.
Thanks! I will keep that in mind! My 2013 85 gets about 200mi on a 90% charge these days. It's the return trip from the soon to be Sioux City SC that worries me. Especially in winter months :D

Reactions: frnkblk
That NW corner of Iowa is a desert for charging options. Hopefully that will change in the near future. Some restaurant or bar around Okoboji should install a Tesla destination charger at a minimum. I know you could drive up to catch either Worthington or Sherburn superchargers but that’s not the point. I’m scheduled to pass thru Sioux City 4x in May. Let’s get this supercharger lighted!

Reactions: frnkblk