Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux City, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a joint event with the Iowa club(s), but Nebraska kinda took over the SUX IA Supercharger christening - we have a video too

87227FFA-2E51-48FC-A1DE-5B83E0CC1DEE.jpeg

I was lucky to be able to charge there on May 26, on our way home to Dallas. The car did not show the chargers on the navigation but ABRP showed it open, was glad as we would not have made it to Council Bluffs SC View attachment 676558
Just wondering.. When you have a destination put in, it only shows chargers it decides you should use - all others disappear. I noticed this on my 45 state trip. I would have to remove my destination and it would show all chargers. Is it possible this was the case? I often chose to go to other chargers along the way for various reasons.

Reactions: rafacq
Just wondering.. When you have a destination put in, it only shows chargers it decides you should use - all others disappear. I noticed this on my 45 state trip. I would have to remove my destination and it would show all chargers. Is it possible this was the case? I often chose to go to other chargers along the way for various reasons.
It was a brand new supercharger at the time so Tesla probably just hadn't put it in the Nav yet. I charged there 3-4 days before rafa and it definitely wasn't in the Nav then. It was up on supercharge.info (crowd-sourced). I'm not sure where ABRP gets their data for supercharger locations, but it's possible it was sourced from sc.info or maybe Plugshare (usually get added there later from what I hear though).

It was a brand new supercharger at the time so Tesla probably just hadn't put it in the Nav yet. I charged there 3-4 days before rafa and it definitely wasn't in the Nav then. It was up on supercharge.info (crowd-sourced). I'm not sure where ABRP gets their data for supercharger locations, but it's possible it was sourced from sc.info or maybe Plugshare (usually get added there later from what I hear though).

At least back in 2018, somebody from ABRP said they usually got information from Supercharge.info.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV and rafacq
When I was about to leave Sioux Falls, I had no destination on the navigation system. I pressed the charger icon and zoomed out, I could see the charge station in Council Bluffs but not Sioux City.

Exactly, I think it took Tesla over a week to add it to the navigation. I read somewhere that ABRP gets their data from supercharge.info.

When I started my trip on May 17, Sioux City did not show up on my pre planning with ABRP. I was happy to see it open in ABRP as I checked my route the night before we headed home. Then as I was to leave Sioux Falls, was concerned because Sioux City was not in the car navigation. I followed ABRP and panicked when I got to Sioux City and plugged in and got an orange glow on the port. I unplugged and soon got the blinking green port. Talk about relief!

Reactions: frnkblk
Exactly, I think it took Tesla over a week to add it to the navigation. I read somewhere that ABRP gets their data from supercharge.info.

When I started my trip on May 17, Sioux City did not show up on my pre planning with ABRP. I was happy to see it open in ABRP as I checked my route the night before we headed home. Then as I was to leave Sioux Falls, was concerned because Sioux City was not in the car navigation. I followed ABRP and panicked when I got to Sioux City and plugged in and got an orange glow on the port. I unplugged and soon got the blinking green port. Talk about relief!
I've definitely experienced that panic before! A couple times there was good reason to panic :)

Reactions: rafacq
Where are the wheel covers on the Model 3 from and do they really add range?

You can order replacements from Tesla when they are back in stock.

They seem to give me a 5% range boost at highway speeds. I put them on when I go on road trips, but leave them off for the remaining 50 weeks out of the year. If I forget to put them on before leaving on a trip, it’s no big deal.

Reactions: smartypnz
Where are the wheel covers on the Model 3 from and do they really add range?
If you mean the solid white covers on bandwagon's picture, those are film that is stretched over the wheel and adhered to the rim. I spoke to the owner about them briefly, but can't remember what type of plastic film he said he used. He mentioned he did not keep track of energy consumption before or after, so he didn't know the effect on that.

Interesting - does the white one block any air (for cooling brakes)?
Rarely take my gray covers off except to clean behind.
They will block air flow, but unless you are racing or on a track I'm pretty sure your Tesla brakes won't get that hot in day to day usage even with no airflow due to regen braking. See here for aluminum discs that get glued onto your aero covers Moon Disc for Tesla Model 3 hub cap

They will block air flow, but unless you are racing or on a track I'm pretty sure your Tesla brakes won't get that hot in day to day usage even with no airflow due to regen braking. See here for aluminum discs that get glued onto your aero covers Moon Disc for Tesla Model 3 hub cap
Since I so rarely use friction brakes for normal driving, I'm sure that plastic won't affect much. Regen handles most of it, especially in flat Nebraska. I spoke with the owner too -- he's been playing around with different things for optimizing efficiency but hasn't been watching performance numbers much recently.