Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sioux Falls, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I spoke to these guys yesterday, They said maybe turned on by today or tomorrow.
I'll check on Sunday!!

PS, they loved the Model Xmas show!
IMG_9177.jpg

SIOUX FALLS SUPERCHARGER IS HOT (7/8ths)
At noon on Monday the Supercharger icon was absent. At 6 PM it was present With my Navigation system showing one slot busy.

My First SF SD SCharge [THE FIRST SF SD SCharge?] Monday night, Oct 30, Max rate was 319 mph. Minimum at 88% charge was 248!! That's when I quit.

The HyVee staff were told that the system was onboard mid day Sunday, Oct 29.

QUESTION: Why the high rate? Maybe because my batteries were cold as I only drove 19 min to get there and it was 29 degrees.

IMG_9883.jpg

Reactions: lightfoot3b
SIOUX FALLS SUPERCHARGER IS HOT (7/8ths)
At noon on Monday the Supercharger icon was absent. At 6 PM it was present With my Navigation system showing one slot busy.

My First SF SD SCharge [THE FIRST SF SD SCharge?] Monday night, Oct 30, Max rate was 319 mph. Minimum at 88% charge was 248!! That's when I quit.

The HyVee staff were told that the system was onboard mid day Sunday, Oct 29.

QUESTION: Why the high rate? Maybe because my batteries were cold as I only drove 19 min to get there and it was 29 degrees.

View attachment 257627
The charge rate in MPH does not matter(and varies by vehicle configuration).
All that matters is the live ###KW being delivered. - universal to all Teslas for apples to apples comparisons.

The icing is indeed impressive. While I was charging people were coming and going except in the spots next to me. Not being a local I decided not to say anything. What I did notice is that when there was only two empty places left, drivers would pull in and look then decide to pull in 30 feet or so away. Maybe thier logic is with no Tesla’s and 8 empty space, who could they possible hold up? But with a Tesla there they were being polite but practicle and not using the last two spots?

Attachments

• DA194825-ECB6-4D0E-BC4B-D05205752010.jpeg
    DA194825-ECB6-4D0E-BC4B-D05205752010.jpeg
    658.1 KB · Views: 136
  • Informative
Reactions: lightfoot3b
Many spots here ICEd, especially the ones that are for Tesla only. People weren't nice about it either and were giving dirty looks, I didn't say anything. Maybe SD folks are anti electric vehicle or perhaps illiterate?
Used Sioux Falls charger at HyVee twice, on the way there and back, 4 days apart, and both times there were ICE vehicles parked in the supercharger spots. There was a verbal altercation between a truck ICEing a spot and a Tesla driver and one car was ICEing two spots. Never noticed such bad behavior in the many other superchargers I've visited.

One difference in the supercharger location is that it is very close to the liquor store entrance. A prime spot to park. The superchargers I've used don't take up prime parking locations.

Reactions: XHabjab
This is one of the biggest screwups the SC Team has ever made! There are distant corners of the parking lot (NE best) that very likely would have worked. Instead, we get bad feelings and bad PR. Tesla should take responsibility, bite the bullet, and move it!! It's going to get much much worse before it gets better (It will take SD ICE owners years to start liking EVs and their owners.) This was easy to see coming back in 2017, my only time at this SC.