Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sisseton, SD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon to Sisseton, South Dakota!!

On March 2nd, the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate tribal council approved a Supercharger agreement with Tesla for a new charging installation at Dakota Crossing.

You can find the mention on the top left of page 6 (text copied below)

"MOTION NO. 31: made by Dionne Crawford, second by Brandon Gypsy Wanna, question by Dallas Owen, to approve the Supercharger Agreement with Tesla Inc., to provide electric vehicle charging stations at the Dakota Crossing parking lot, and to authorize the Tribal Chairman to execute the Agreement, as recommended by the Reservation Planning Commission, and as presented by Realty Manager Jerry Eastman."

Sisseton, SD

Host Type: Supermarket
Host: Dakota Crossing
Along Primary Interstates: I-29
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-81
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-29

To: Fargo, ND - 88.8 miles
Diversion: 3.6 miles
To: Grand Forks, ND - 161.1 miles

US-81

To: Fargo, ND - 88.8 miles
Diversion: 3.6 miles
To: Grand Forks, ND - 161.1 miles

Yes, Splitter!! It's been a while since any on the 140+ list got a splitter.

On I-29, splits the 143.1 mile gap, 57.9 from Watertown, SD, 88.8 miles to Fargo, ND.

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to look in the area for the Supercharging station in the back of the Dakota Crossing Gas station/Store. Really looks like it is close to being complete from this perspective, though I don't know how long it has been at this state.

20230107_183218.jpg
20230107_183253.jpg

This is interesting. They installed 2 PSU’s ( 4 pedestals each ). The far right pedestal is configured as a PULL- IN stall. You can see the tesla sign post in the background. They need more installations with pull in charging.

Yeah, that is interesting! Hard to tell for sure with the snow, but this has the looks of a prefab install, but they rotated the far-right stall to make that one pull in. Lack of pull-in stalls has been a major complaint at other prefab installations.

Reactions: PStewart
Hah, ok, thought you were just referring to the power cabinets. A google search for "prefabricated supercharger unit" returns only a single result (which happens to be from this forum)! :)
Pretty much anytime you see the Supercharger cabinets separated like this, they are the Prefabricated Units. What is not visible in the photos is evidence of the Transformer being installed.

Eh, there's lots of acronyms that are used in plans that no one else uses, solely to ease having to retype a long term many times. Pre-fab is what most of the people in the west coast forums use to refer to these.

Having built many computers, PSU will always be power supply unit for me.

Called the City Staff and Administration and Utilities. Unfortunately none of which had any information or updates regarding the Tesla Supercharger process.
I believe this charger is on a reservation so the local city government would have no control over it. You would need to contact the tribal council referenced in Marco's original post at the start of this thread. And/or the local power company.
1673493860925.png

A new Supercharger is coming soon to Sisseton, South Dakota!!

On March 2nd, the Sisseton Wahpeton Oyate tribal council approved a Supercharger agreement with Tesla for a new charging installation at Dakota Crossing.

You can find the mention on the top left of page 6 (text copied below)

"MOTION NO. 31: made by Dionne Crawford, second by Brandon Gypsy Wanna, question by Dallas Owen, to approve the Supercharger Agreement with Tesla Inc., to provide electric vehicle charging stations at the Dakota Crossing parking lot, and to authorize the Tribal Chairman to execute the Agreement, as recommended by the Reservation Planning Commission, and as presented by Realty Manager Jerry Eastman."