Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Slidell, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL, no, it's not wrong. That's the elevation upon which we live down here. If that Supercharger goes under water then the entire region will be under water and the Supercharger will be the least of anyone's concern (i.e., the entire area will be a disaster area).

Mike

The same could be said for the florida Keys or several other locations where they put the equipment on a raised platform. I'm just trying to figure out the logic for why some locations get it and some don't.

The same could be said for the florida Keys or several other locations where they put the equipment on a raised platform. I'm just trying to figure out the logic for why some locations get it and some don't.

Maybe the frequency/history of flooding near the site (proximity to a waterway that sometimes rises to or above flood stage) or long term flood predictions for a given area? Just a guess.

Drove the 30 miles to Slidell yesterday for lunch & to scope out the site. The superchargers are right in the center of the development, and in a location that doesn't seem likely to ever be ICE'd except maybe the day before Christmas. And there are EIGHT of them! About 250 feet away is a Which Wich sandwich shop. Beyond that there's a Red Robin & Five Guys and at least two other stand-alone restaurants. There's also a Starbucks at the entrance to the mall, but I wouldn't say it's walkable from the Supercharger. Nobody else was charging, but a 5-6 cars drove slowly by while I was plugged in, checking it all out.

Until there's a supercharger in New Orleans proper, this location will also be a great help for Tesla owners coming to NOLA via I-59 and points east on I-10 since it's close enough to allow you to visit the City for a few days without needing to plug in anywhere - quick stop on the way in and out of town should work fine for most.

IMG_2380.JPG

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke
Charged here on the way to NO. In my P90 X it used about 20% from the charger to the hotel. No charging in the hotel lot, so I filled to 60% to be safe. Made it back to Slidell with plenty to spare.

There is a smoothie king across the parking lot that really hit the spot after a night of debauchery and a Decatur St hangover. ;)