Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Smithfield, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stopped by on the way up to DC.
IMG_20190704_091217.jpg
IMG_20190704_091217.jpg
IMG_20190704_091322.jpg
IMG_20190704_091307.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9
Theoretically your are correct but to keep total charging time to a minimum (don't want to charge to 100%) you need more stops which = less total charging time = less total travel time.
Well to be fair, you started out asking about trying to have FEWER charging stops.

At any rate, I think the best way to ask this question would be that it would give you more options, or even an extra stop if you happened to need a rest break about then.

I'll have to check it out :) I live 10min away from that area so this will be nice to have. I've only seen 1 other Tesla in this city.
You know what’s crazy? I saw three Tesla’s the day I took these pics in Smithfield. Two MS and one M3.

on a random note... what is up with the town of Clayton not having a single EV charger within the entire town limits or surrounding area?? Was there today and just checked PlugShare and ChargePoint to see if anything was around and couldn’t believe there wasn’t a single charger. Really is frustrating that a town like Clayton that actually controls its own electricity hasn’t felt the need to invest in at least 1 or 2 J-1772s.

I'm starting to wonder...and this is probably not the ideal place to bring up this theory...but do you think that perhaps pedestals are being redesigned to support a Tesla + CCS connector similar to the ones in Europe? And maybe not have 2 actual cords at this time, but to be easily upgradeable?

I'm starting to wonder...and this is probably not the ideal place to bring up this theory...but do you think that perhaps pedestals are being redesigned to support a Tesla + CCS connector similar to the ones in Europe? And maybe not have 2 actual cords at this time, but to be easily upgradeable?
Nah, they would just use the "design" from EU ... where they already support Tesla + CCS connectors. This is something else.

Nah, they would just use the "design" from EU ... where they already support Tesla + CCS connectors. This is something else.

Yeah, the design would be similar, but remember that those were all retrofitted. I'm suggesting that there might be a new design that makes a later retrofit much easier. Just to push the theory a bit more, I wonder what kind of connector the Model Y will have. Now that Tesla has bit the bullet by having a "standard' CCS connector on European Model 3's, what do you think the probability that the Model Y might have a CCS connector worldwide (maybe not including China)?