Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger Snafu

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A note on the "pull over for safety" message... But first a disclaimer: I'm not saying that this message shouldn't be taken serious, and I am definitely saying that you should pull over immediately if you get this message while driving.

That said... I get this message, literally every time I finish charging at a CHAdeMO charger. If I have the limit set to, say 80%, the car sends a signal to the charger to stop charging when it reaches 80%. When this happens, the charger happily states that it is finished, and the dash happily shows that it completely successfully. However... the charge port immediately turns red. If I wait a couple of minutes, the dash will start to alternate showing two messages. 1) "Car needs serviced" & 2) "Pull over for safety". I then remove the charger, and everyone is happy again. I will be honest; I just assumed this was a side affect of using a non-Tesla charger with an adapter. For reference, this a Greenlots station. Maybe I should report it to the service center.

Has anyone else with a CHAdeMO adapter experienced this?
Charged at a greenlots charger the other day. No problems.

• Informative
Reactions: JohnnyG