Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soldotna, AK

MarcoRP

Sep 6, 2017
Montréal

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Soldotna, AK

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: AK-1

AK-1

To: End (AK-2 Tok, AK) - 465.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

To: Jasper, AB (Permit) - 2048.4 miles
To: Edmonton, AB - 2092.5 miles
To: Kamloops, BC - 2178.5 miles
To: Squasmish, BC - 2283.6 miles

At a cool 2,250 miles from Whistler and almost 2,100 from Edmonton, it's a start. Now we just need to fill in the gap so we can avoid campgrounds and expensive ferries.

Whistler's an urban Supercharger, not designed for travel, so I don't include it.

Last edited:

wws

Aug 11, 2014
Northern California
Soldotna, AK

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: AK-1

AK-1

To: End (AK-2 Tok, AK) - 465.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

To: Jasper, AB (Permit) - 2048.4 miles
To: Edmonton, AB - 2092.5 miles
To: Kamloops, BC - 2178.5 miles
To: Squasmish, BC - 2283.6 miles

Whistler's an urban Supercharger, not designed for travel, so I don't include it.

On the other end of the Al-Can, Prince George BC is on Teslas "coming soon" map - allegedly for 2Q21. When it eventually does come on-line, that will cut the gap to 1855 miles. (1709 miles from Prince George to Anchorage.)

RubberToe

Supporting the greater good
Jun 28, 2012
El Lay
Alaska's first Supercharger is here!!

Tesla has filed a permit for the installation of a Supercharging station at Whistle Hill in Soldotna, AK, as was previously talked about on Alaska Highway Superchargers. According to the info I got from the city, there will be 4 V3 stalls to compliment the 2 Destination chargers already on site.

This site is due to open in Q3. Enjoy!!

@AudubonB

Drive Tesla article: Tesla Supercharger permit pulled for Soldotna, Alaska - Drive Tesla Canada

I'm assuming one of our many Soldotna TMC members will be posting daily progress photos during construction? :)

RT

wws

Aug 11, 2014
Northern California
The real listing is

To: Any other supercharger - Good luck!

Looking at plugshare, the closest CHAdeMO to Soldotna is at Haines Junction YT - which is west of Whitehorse. So that narrows the DCFC gap to 754 miles.

If one were to buy a SETEC CCS adapter, there is a CCS station at a Chevy dealer in Wasilla. Which is only 188 miles from Soldotna.

Interestingly, Haines to Fairbanks is 493 miles - just inside the tri-motor Cybertrucks 500 mile EPA range. ABRP says it is doable at 40 mph - estimating arriving with 11% charge. At 45 mph, arriving with 6% charge.

Haines to Wasilla is 576 miles. ABRP says NFW with the Cybertruck - even with arrival percentage cranked down to 1%.

AudubonB

One can NOT induce accuracy with precision!
Mar 24, 2013
Annnndddd...

it is a mere 396 miles from the SpC to yours truly.

But I will eat, bite by crunchy bite, my entire LR Cybertruck if it can get from that SpC to here on a single charge, even limiting top speed to 40mph and on a dry summer day.

Someone is welcome to freeze this post in some Cybersafe for posterity. Offer good through 31 Dec. 2029.

wws

Aug 11, 2014
Northern California
Annnndddd...

it is a mere 396 miles from the SpC to yours truly.

But I will eat, bite by crunchy bite, my entire LR Cybertruck if it can get from that SpC to here on a single charge, even limiting top speed to 40mph and on a dry summer day.

Someone is welcome to freeze this post in some Cybersafe for posterity. Offer good through 31 Dec. 2029.

ABRP sez a tri-motor Cybertruck should be able to do the Soldotna to Paxson run at 60 mph - arriving with 3% charge. It estimates a 40 mph run would have you arrive with 22% charge. Seems like a piece of cake. Won't compute with a dual motor Cybertruck at either speed though. Even starting from Wasilla.

Reactions: PStewart

AudubonB

Mar 24, 2013
Ah ha! I think I have someone who will take my bet. You’ll need to put something up on your side, however.

acarney

Jul 9, 2019
Richland, WA
Ah ha! I think I have someone who will take my bet. You’ll need to put something up on your side, however.
I look forward to the live stream while you wait for the gas generator to charge the battery up enough to finish the trip. You do plan to swing by a home improvement store and buy a generator to toss in the bed of the cybertruck before you depart... right? I figure Starlink should be able to help you pass the time while you recharge ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jthompson

pb2000

Dec 22, 2019
Calgary
It looks like there are some pretty big holes in the electrical grid in northern BC and the Yukon, so don't hold your breath.

AudubonB

Mar 24, 2013
I’ve just put up a long post on that thread detailing how to get’er done there.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC