Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soldotna, AK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Soldotna, AK

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: AK-1

AK-1

To: End (AK-2 Tok, AK) - 465.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

To: Jasper, AB (Permit) - 2048.4 miles
To: Edmonton, AB - 2092.5 miles
To: Kamloops, BC - 2178.5 miles
To: Squasmish, BC - 2283.6 miles

At a cool 2,250 miles from Whistler and almost 2,100 from Edmonton, it's a start. Now we just need to fill in the gap so we can avoid campgrounds and expensive ferries.

Whistler's an urban Supercharger, not designed for travel, so I don't include it.

Last edited:
Soldotna, AK

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: AK-1

AK-1

To: End (AK-2 Tok, AK) - 465.6 miles
Diversion: 0.3 miles

To: Jasper, AB (Permit) - 2048.4 miles
To: Edmonton, AB - 2092.5 miles
To: Kamloops, BC - 2178.5 miles
To: Squasmish, BC - 2283.6 miles

Whistler's an urban Supercharger, not designed for travel, so I don't include it.

On the other end of the Al-Can, Prince George BC is on Teslas "coming soon" map - allegedly for 2Q21. When it eventually does come on-line, that will cut the gap to 1855 miles. (1709 miles from Prince George to Anchorage.)

Alaska's first Supercharger is here!!

Tesla has filed a permit for the installation of a Supercharging station at Whistle Hill in Soldotna, AK, as was previously talked about on Alaska Highway Superchargers. According to the info I got from the city, there will be 4 V3 stalls to compliment the 2 Destination chargers already on site.

This site is due to open in Q3. Enjoy!!

@AudubonB

Drive Tesla article: Tesla Supercharger permit pulled for Soldotna, Alaska - Drive Tesla Canada

I'm assuming one of our many Soldotna TMC members will be posting daily progress photos during construction? :)

RT

The real listing is

To: Any other supercharger - Good luck!

Looking at plugshare, the closest CHAdeMO to Soldotna is at Haines Junction YT - which is west of Whitehorse. So that narrows the DCFC gap to 754 miles.

If one were to buy a SETEC CCS adapter, there is a CCS station at a Chevy dealer in Wasilla. Which is only 188 miles from Soldotna.

Interestingly, Haines to Fairbanks is 493 miles - just inside the tri-motor Cybertrucks 500 mile EPA range. ABRP says it is doable at 40 mph - estimating arriving with 11% charge. At 45 mph, arriving with 6% charge.

Haines to Wasilla is 576 miles. ABRP says NFW with the Cybertruck - even with arrival percentage cranked down to 1%.

Annnndddd...

it is a mere 396 miles from the SpC to yours truly.

But I will eat, bite by crunchy bite, my entire LR Cybertruck if it can get from that SpC to here on a single charge, even limiting top speed to 40mph and on a dry summer day.

Someone is welcome to freeze this post in some Cybersafe for posterity. Offer good through 31 Dec. 2029.

• Funny
Reactions: kayak1
Annnndddd...

it is a mere 396 miles from the SpC to yours truly.

But I will eat, bite by crunchy bite, my entire LR Cybertruck if it can get from that SpC to here on a single charge, even limiting top speed to 40mph and on a dry summer day.

Someone is welcome to freeze this post in some Cybersafe for posterity. Offer good through 31 Dec. 2029.

ABRP sez a tri-motor Cybertruck should be able to do the Soldotna to Paxson run at 60 mph - arriving with 3% charge. It estimates a 40 mph run would have you arrive with 22% charge. Seems like a piece of cake. Won't compute with a dual motor Cybertruck at either speed though. Even starting from Wasilla.

Reactions: PStewart
Ah ha! I think I have someone who will take my bet. You’ll need to put something up on your side, however.
I look forward to the live stream while you wait for the gas generator to charge the battery up enough to finish the trip. You do plan to swing by a home improvement store and buy a generator to toss in the bed of the cybertruck before you depart... right? I figure Starlink should be able to help you pass the time while you recharge ;)

• Funny
Reactions: jthompson