Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soldotna, AK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Audubon was telling the truth. I met him there while charging my MY on the way back from Homer to Anchorage. He met the owner and his account of what they said is accurate.

The destination chargers shouldn’t be affected at all as they’re not in the same location. The SC stalls will be in the back left corner past the veg trailer and across from the train car.

Audubon was telling the truth. I met him there while charging my MY on the way back from Homer to Anchorage. He met the owner and his account of what they said is accurate.

The destination chargers shouldn’t be affected at all as they’re not in the same location. The SC stalls will be in the back left corner past the veg trailer and across from the train car.

Welcome to the club! Love the username.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

For anyone wanting an image of what's current and planned:

Soldotna Whistle Hill SC.jpg

I'm sure I'll be down that way over the next week or two for some actual photo progress if no one else ends up that way. If anyone hears anything official about a ribbon cutting or other grand opening type event, please post the info here. I don't have FB, so if Whistle Hill announces that way, I'll have no idea.

Thanks for the warm welcome!

For anyone wanting an image of what's current and planned:

View attachment 689280

I'm sure I'll be down that way over the next week or two for some actual photo progress if no one else ends up that way. If anyone hears anything official about a ribbon cutting or other grand opening type event, please post the info here. I don't have FB, so if Whistle Hill announces that way, I'll have no idea.
Photos would be greatly appreciated. See if you can find the transformer (big green box) or the concrete pad that the transformer will go on. Thanks in advance. This is exciting!

In Two Weeks photo above, there is an existing transformer of the size Tesla uses at the very left edge, 1/3 from the top of the photo. It is already working (providing audio feedback) so I don’t think that is the one Tesla will be using. In the back corner where the new stalls are going is a new post with a separate energy meter on it. I’d wager a nickel that Tesla will drop its transformer and cabinets at that post and use the parking spots Two Weeks has circled.

I can't wait until 5 days from now when this is up and running!
I’m here now. No dirt has been disturbed. No new electrical equipment. No orange cones. No construction signage. Nothing has been done.

The only large green electrical box on a concrete pad is by the restaurant and has been here for some time. Grass all around the concrete and cobwebs on the box itself.

View attachment 701174
Looks like it’s happening!
Nice post Braeden! In the really early days Tesla would do grand opening ceremonies with local officials and politicians, but those days are long gone. But you could certainly organize a ribbon cutting ceremony with local Tesla owners and post the pictures here!

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
@Allerix (Braeden) and @Two Weeks - Audie here. In that I might not get directly in touch with Marie (I think that’s the owner’s name), can you keep me mightily informed as to when Zap Time might be? It’s going to be truly difficult for me to get down there for either a virtual or a real ribbon-cutting ceremony, but I’d try my darnedest to do it.

Hey all! Im the one who tweeted about breaking ground on the superchargers! A bit of a detailed update from the owners, and from the electrician working on the project. The chargers will be installed in the next two weeks. When the chargers will be operational? That’s a different story. Our electric company that will be providing power to the station, are taking their time. The anticipated electrification of the chargers is slated for mid October! If y’all keep following the post on Twitter, I will keep detailed updates there! I will try to post here as well!