Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soledad, CA - H Dela Rosa Street (LIVE 26 Jun 2022, 7 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CCD7E4DA-11DA-47D6-8C9A-F632F61E1046.jpeg

how did it go from 12 to 7?
Probably due to the grant funding mentioned earlier. And the other site that opened after this one was in planning stage so they dropped down to 8 stalls max and got that funding. Not sure if there was a space limitation to drop to 7 stalls or maybe 1 is out of order and not mentioned in the app.

Or maybe the new EV Range station is going to use too much power for that and 12 Tesla stalls and 4 EA stalls at the same location. Who knows outside of the actual planning people involved.

Oh crud, I was just there, what did you want pics of? It's windy as ****, or was when I was there yesterday

It's a 6 station charger with the regular equipment and a transformer all on the one side and then a single charger on the other side of the parking lot. Didn't see any way they could put the 8th in, perhaps it's at some wheelchair spot on the other side of the station

hmmm... *sugar* **** ********** ************ (Didn't know we censored here, George Carlin would be so proud)

• Funny
Reactions: mociaf9
We made our first visit here yesterday, and I have a couple photos, as @Limited requested, though they're not good overall site photos, since I took them specifically to illustrate a problem.

As described above, this is a bit of an odd site, with six stalls on one side of a little parking lot alongside an AM/PM, and just one on the opposite side, even though there are a few more parking spots there where they could have put one more to get the full eight supported by the hardware. Whatever.

So, you enter this small dead-end parking area. Six stalls are on your left, and one is in the last space on your right. Straight ahead is an area for dumpsters that I assume belong to AM/PM or maybe others in the area. Those dumpsters are blocking the last stall on the left and the only one on the right. When we were there, even the next-to-last stall on the left would take careful maneuvering to use.

This is the last two stalls on the left.
IMG_2685.jpeg

And here's the one on the right.
IMG_2686.jpeg

Those are actually two different dumpsters, both blue, and a tan one between that's not much of a problem.

So unless someone shoves all those dumpsters back into that shed where they belong, this seven-stall location really has about 4 or 5 usable stalls.

We made our first visit here yesterday, and I have a couple photos, as @Limited requested, though they're not good overall site photos, since I took them specifically to illustrate a problem.

As described above, this is a bit of an odd site, with six stalls on one side of a little parking lot alongside an AM/PM, and just one on the opposite side, even though there are a few more parking spots there where they could have put one more to get the full eight supported by the hardware. Whatever.

So, you enter this small dead-end parking area. Six stalls are on your left, and one is in the last space on your right. Straight ahead is an area for dumpsters that I assume belong to AM/PM or maybe others in the area. Those dumpsters are blocking the last stall on the left and the only one on the right. When we were there, even the next-to-last stall on the left would take careful maneuvering to use.

View attachment 842039

View attachment 842043

Those are actually two different dumpsters, both blue, and a tan one between that's not much of a problem.

So unless someone shoves all those dumpsters back into that shed where they belong, this seven-stall location really has about 4 or 5 usable stalls.

I assume (?) it is the business owner's responsibility to do this, but I wonder if anyone has breached this subject with them.

If I was in a jam with 0 miles and that can was the last thing between me and charging, I’d have no problem moving it.

That's interesting. The time I went there, those dumpsters were properly tucked away and I was actually charging from stall 1D in the corner.

Didn't realize we still needed site pictures...here's what I have from a few weeks ago...

Bruce.

IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9386.JPG

Reactions: 1100MCM

View attachment 842039

View attachment 842043

An ambitious person (with gloves) might be inclined to push them back into the dumpster corral.

Stopped at this charger Thanksgiving week and no issues. Compared to the previous stop at Buellton where the charging rate didn’t breach 60 kW, this one was much better. But the nav was confusing especially since I wasn’t aware of this new Soledad supercharger. It kept rerouting between superchargers based on availability without making it clear there were two supercharger locations in Soledad. Both were referred to by the same name Soledad. I was left wondering why it kept saying it is rerouting when the previous and new locations are both the same.