Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Soledad, CA - H Dela Rosa Street (LIVE 26 Jun 2022, 7 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, I thought Greenfield won out - but Soledad also makes sense given the amount of EV backups that have occurred during the holidays (from SLO on up). But Goleta, Buellton, Pismo, SLO, Atascadero, Paso Robles, Greenfield, Soledad, Salinas, Gilroy, and Morgan Hill will serve US 101 (LA to SF) for quite a while to come.
I know - some day soon I may eat those words.

Between Pismo Beach and Buellton we’ll soon also have Arroyo Grande and Santa Maria on 101.

There’s an olive grower at San Ardo exit on 101 (south of King City) that a few years back had offered up his property as a SC location. He had put in destination chargers but due to the lack of SC in that stretch of 101 thought it would be a good location for Tesla SC but they turned it down. Nothing else there but his olive farm and store but he said due to his olive press machinery the power they would need was already installed to the area.

Really nothing south between King City and Paso Robles. I think there’s a small town area at Bradley, and San Ardo has a small town too, both off 101 a small bit. Both towns have on and off ramps at 101 going north and south I’m pretty sure. This guy’s olive farm is right at the exit however. If nothing else his destination chargers were nice to have if you needed some range to make it to the next SC. Nice guy too and EV minded. Enjoyed a tour of his operation and enjoyed his olive oil that we took home. I had thought King City might have been a consideration but then Greenfield went in just north of there but something further south of King City would be nicer any way.

Last edited:
The Tesla "Find Us' page says, "Target opening in 2022", without even mentioning a calendar quarter within the year. So it could be a while before there's any visible construction.
Then that means the map has been updated. When I started this, it was listed as Q2 2021. Will have to check other coming soon sites for updated timelines. Maybe they are updating the map quarterly now.

Maybe they are updating the map quarterly now.
Tesla seems to have added "New locations added and timing updated quarterly" boilerplate text for each future site. So we now we have quarterly homework. And from some spot checks early this month, I can tell you that the updating doesn't happen instantaneously at the beginning of the new quarter. (I guess humans are involved, instead of some automated script.)

This pin has been updated back to 2022 target opening. Will be driving by this weekend so doubt there will be any signs of construction. Wondering if there was some pushback from the shopping center.
According to my records, since I’m now keeping a spreadsheet, Soledad has been projected in 2022 since the last quarterly update in mid April. I don’t see that Tesla has done the quarterly update yet which, based on last quarter’s timing, should happen within the next week or two.

Reactions: MarcoRP
Doh, I didn't read back and see that it was already mentioned. Oops. Looked it up as we are planning a trip through the area and thought I remembered emailing about it and didn't remember it has been pushed back. Guess I need to email the building department again, see if they have any updates.

Hmmmm.... on hold due to grant funding.... I wonder if Tesla is waiting to see if pending legislation around EV $$$ support for building infrastructure helps pay for some superchargers? If that's the case we could see many projects go "on hold"....?

Hmmmm.... on hold due to grant funding.... I wonder if Tesla is waiting to see if pending legislation around EV $$$ support for building infrastructure helps pay for some superchargers? If that's the case we could see many projects go "on hold"....?

I really doubt that Tesla going to get much money if any at all for the Infrastructure Bill as I would assume in order to get funds you would need to support all types of electric vehicles but we will have to see when and if it passes and the details.

I spoke with our town manager in wine country and he said that the town is planning more EV stations pending "grants" as well... so interesting that this new dynamic has arisen in Soledad. I thought Tesla paid for these supercharging stations so why would a town be waiting for grants? Makes no sense to me.

I spoke with our town manager in wine country and he said that the town is planning more EV stations pending "grants" as well... so interesting that this new dynamic has arisen in Soledad. I thought Tesla paid for these supercharging stations so why would a town be waiting for grants? Makes no sense to me.
In some locations where Tesla has installed a combination of superchargers and universal chargers they have received some grant funding, sometimes for only the universal charger portion, sometimes for the whole project. Or it could be that they are planning this install with a partner organization/company who is going to be doing universal chargers at the same location, and the joint project is contingent on the non-Tesla half getting approved for a grant, etc.

Thank you. Swung by this location just for fun and drove around a few parking lots. Despite finding the fully functional EA charging site, there was nothing resembling any sort of construction in the area (and it wasn't expected).
1632576753643.png

That’s where they should be based on the “near Starbucks” wording in the reply I got.

This site opened on the other end of town…

Bruce.

Last edited:
Reactions: mociaf9
68A47F3B-7D12-407C-80CD-90FD8C3D59D2.png

Tesla.com still lists 2(!) additional sites coming soon in Soledad. I think it is safe to assume this permit is one of those but there is another one? Seems odd for 3 separate sites in such a small town. One is Q4 2021 abs one is Q3 2022. Maybe the Q4 is front street and they just forgot to take the coming soon down. Or they amfound another potential site If this one doesn’t pan out.