Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Somerset, PA - Eastbound Service Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction confirmed at South Somerset service plaza on eastbound PA turnpike. 8 pedestals.

16162698502506960125441492496682.jpg

Approx location 39.9995422, -79.0474265.

Separate thread from North Somerset because, unlike Hickory Run, they are completely separate.

South Somerset E, PA

Along Primary Interstates: I-70, I-76
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: Pennsylvania Turnpike

I-70

To: Breezewood, PA - 51.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Hagerstown - Venture Dr, MD - 103 miles

I-76E/Pennsylvania Turnpike

To: Breezewood, PA - 51.4 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: Carlisle, PA - 117.1 miles

Version 3 Supercharger along I-70 and I-76/Pennsylvania Turnpike.
In particular, a splitter on I-70 between Version 3 Superchargers at Washington, PA and Hagerstown - Venture Dr, MD.

I joked in the North Somerset thread that Wendys at OG Somerset would die without the captive audience of supercharger traffic. They are safe, at least until Somerset North and South open. I can't imagine ever exiting at Somerset once those open.

I agree that nobody will be getting off the turnpike to charge at Somerset, but it will still serve non-turnpike travelers. There is probably enough demand on the local highways and US-219 to keep the little 6 stall location fairly busy.

Somerset must have the highest supercharger to population ratio in the world.

Out of curiosity, I've done a little surfing around on supercharge.info and Google and I think that distinction goes to Kettleman City, CA at 28.4 people per Supercharger stall. Firebaugh, CA is 148 people per stall while Somerset, PA is 270 people per stall.

Prawda, Manitoba might be one of the least populated Supercharger installations with just 200 residents in the nearby community. They come in second place (in my limited research) at 33 people per stall.

Last edited: