Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Somerset, PA - Westbound Service Plaza

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Construction confirmed at North Somerset service plaza in Somerset County PA. Westbound service only. 8 pedestals.

Appx location 39.999603,-79.043673

Will check South Somerset tomorrow.

RIP Wendy's at the old Somerset supercharger.

Attachments

• 16161893669151636733947705223777.jpg
    16161893669151636733947705223777.jpg
    395.2 KB · Views: 540
  • 16161893982046108923134237948002.jpg
    16161893982046108923134237948002.jpg
    663.5 KB · Views: 139
Any chance we can get this westbound location added to supercharge.info? Someone added the eastbound location last night but missed this one. Thanks.
There's a lot of confusion about these bi-directional service plaza, particularly when OG Somerset has been operating since 2014

Unlike Hickory Run, Somerset North and South are completely separate. One would not go to one, find the chargers full, and go to the other one. It takes 30 minutes or an hour to get from one to the other, depending on which is the destination. Separate threads and cones are 100% appropriate. Construction at North is much further along than South and should be tracked accordingly.

There's a lot of confusion about these bi-directional service plaza, particularly when OG Somerset has been operating since 2014

Unlike Hickory Run, Somerset North and South are completely separate. One would not go to one, find the chargers full, and go to the other one. It takes 30 minutes or an hour to get from one to the other, depending on which is the destination. Separate threads and cones are 100% appropriate. Construction at North is much further along than South and should be tracked accordingly.

I don't necessarily agree that we need threads for both eastbound and westbound, but I definitely agree that both need cones on supercharge.info. I’m a bit perplexed by the delay in adding the cone for westbound. @MarcoRP and @Chuq are usually very quick with that sort of thing.

I don't necessarily agree that we need threads for both eastbound and westbound, but I definitely agree that both need cones on supercharge.info. I’m a bit perplexed by the delay in adding the cone for westbound. @MarcoRP and @Chuq are usually very quick with that sort of thing.

I've added the westbound location to supercharge.info.

As for combining the threads, there is a history on TMC and supercharge.info of using the same discussion thread for Superchargers on both sides of a turnpike. See Greenwich, CT, Fairfield, CT, and Hamilton Township, NJ for a few examples of this.

I've added the westbound location to supercharge.info.

As for combining the threads, there is a history on TMC and supercharge.info of using the same discussion thread for Superchargers on both sides of a turnpike. See Greenwich, CT, Fairfield, CT, and Hamilton Township, NJ for a few examples of this.
Thanks Cory.

Adding to your list:

and more. Precedent has been set and I think it’s best to remain consistent and have one thread for the Somerset service plaza pair.

Actually Hickory Run is a special case. While you can walk between both sides, you cannot drive between them. This is unlike most bidirectional travel plazas which reside in the middle of the freeway.

Just curious - anyone know the cost of charging on the turnpike?

The reason I ask is for my parents who have a Y on order for a couple months now... I still have the free unlimited supercharging at a snail's pace.
This is the first Turnpike supercharger to open. Screen says $.28 per kWh. Same as old Somerset and Altoona; $.01 higher than Breezewood.

Westbound to Pittsburgh. Tesla routed me to old Wendys...even though the Turnpike ones are open!!! I got to see the new chargers as I zoomed past 😢. Should have checked this site first.
Not all bad, if you had a Frosty! Can you go inside the Wendy's now? Was terrible that you couldn't forever. I used to stop at the plaza for restroom then exit and charge.