Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Somerset, PA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that original dot was more like Lordstown, the inspection of I-76 and I-80. I bet we will see the I-80 route fill in nicely this year, as well as I-90. Tesla has one focus right now: coast to coast for Elon's trip. But I would wager we get more dots than are shown on the public maps, faster than we think.

Somerset is up and running! One unit with two bays is down currently, but two other stalls all working and accessible. The final two will be accessible when the construction trailer heads to Cranberry later today!

vabatuge.jpg
uda5eryj.jpg

Great pictures JakeP(and Newscutter). Congratulations on your one year anniversary. Mine is a month old today with 1100+ miles and counting. With the SC up, more people will be getting into TESLAs from WesternPA. I will be heading to somerset soon to try out the first supercharge.
Newscutter, did you put in the order yet?

Made it to Somerset Supercharger. All 6 bays are ready and functional. No other Tesla charging. Charging station is next to Wendys drive-through line.. Lot of curious looks.. few ICE drivers stopped by and asked questions.. Awareness of Tesla is low in the area..but with steady stream of MS stop for charging, its a matter of time..
charged for 20 mts to get about 100 miles.. ( charged at a rate of 285 miles/hour).. few pics..

With Cranberry SC , found a solution to drive coast to coast with EV--only need to find a solution to get around horrendous tolls on PA Turnpike :wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0091.jpg
    IMG_0091.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 441
  • IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    122.6 KB · Views: 432
  • IMG_0145.jpg
    IMG_0145.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 444
This is the first time I've seen back to back charging slots. Plus they left the door to the equipment open? Was there someone still working there?
This is my first visit to a SC... So can't tell whether its common, but have seen photos of back to back chargers.
two sets of back to back and a single charger on each side.
no body is working( its Sunday)..but work-trailer is still there.. The transformers and other equipment is surrounded by a simple wooden fence.. Easily accessible

Newscutter, did you put in the order yet?

HA! Which one?
I had an order in October but ended up canceling it because I could not rationalize a 3rd car for 2 drivers, among other things. Mechanical catastrophe reared it's head on my ICE right before Christmas and I nearly had an inventory car (2 cars for 2 drivers I can be enthusiastic about!), but ICE rebounded better than expected. Same car has since been crashed into and I'm waiting to find out if insurance will require to be a total loss. Meanwhile I'm still sitting on my Model X reservation.

Wife and I are "planners" and have several scenarios in mind.... all over which eventually get us into a Tesla, perhaps 2. The main hurdles are that our oldest is just 13 so holding a car over to be a "college car" is a bit of stretch, we lack great parking for a 3rd car, and we don't have long enough commutes to make a preemptive switch to electric a financial windfall. Mainly we're waiting to see what the final version of the Model X will be. While getting a second hand Model S would not be difficult, I think getting a Model X used will be darn near impossible for several years if they deliver the kind of product we're expecting. Buying TWO new Teslas would be more money expended at once than I'd like... so as long as we can keep current cars on the road until more is known about the MX, we'll just be "groupies" for now.

Totally sold on the car though. Have my NEMA installed and ready-- and if the ICE comes up totaled AND Tesla announces an AWD Model S at the Detroit show, all in the same week, then now might be the time to jump regardless of the Model X.

It baffles but amuses me that the e-mail I got from Tesla earlier today has a picture of some other location (single row, not the back-to-back setup Somerset has). I guess it's Somerset's not photogenic enough. ;-) Anyway, great to "see" another one up! Great pix and vid.