Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sonoma, CA (LIVE 16 Oct 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an nice email response from a gentleman in the building department for the City of Sonoma when I inquired about the recently updated Q3 2021 Map pin for Sonoma. He confirmed that a permit application was on file (but not if it was approved or issued) for the Sonoma Community Center at 276 East Napa Street and that it would include superchargers (but no info as to how many). About 3 blocks East of the square so a nice quick walk to the town center for coffee or a quick bite or wine tasting. A little ways off Highway 12 as it winds through town around the other side of the square.

Received an nice email response from a gentleman in the building department for the City of Sonoma when I inquired about the recently updated Q3 2021 Map pin for Sonoma. He confirmed that a permit application was on file (but not if it was approved or issued) for the Sonoma Community Center at 276 East Napa Street and that it would include superchargers (but no info as to how many). About 3 blocks East of the square so a nice quick walk to the town center for coffee or a quick bite or wine tasting. A little ways off Highway 12 as it winds through town around the other side of the square.
Thanks for the info, I will check out the parking lot behind the community center.

Great intel! Long overdue for this area and what a great spot walking distance to the town square.

If that is indeed the address, I don't see any recent permits related when searching Sonoma County's permit database (I also cross-checked against keyword searches), but it may not have been issued just yet as mentioned. Will continue to monitor and see if it surfaces at Permit History Search | Permit Sonoma | County of Sonoma

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Great intel! Long overdue for this area and what a great spot walking distance to the town square.

If that is indeed the address, I don't see any recent permits related when searching Sonoma County's permit database (I also cross-checked against keyword searches), but it may not have been issued just yet as mentioned. Will continue to monitor and see if it surfaces at Permit History Search | Permit Sonoma | County of Sonoma
If I am not mistaken, this charger would be permitted by the City of Sonoma, not Sonoma County. Your link above is for the County Permit Lookup.

If I am not mistaken, this charger would be permitted by the City of Sonoma, not Sonoma County. Your link above is for the County Permit Lookup.
I'm not sure that is true. If you look at the map of permits through the county's website, you can see many permits within the city of Sonoma listed. In fact, past permits have been pulled/issued/finaled against the exact address listed in the original post here, so not sure why they wouldn't surface in this database.

There are 3 permits, all sewer permits. I am guessing in the last 20+ years there has been a building permit of some other type. Sewer might be county controlled so it shows up on the county site. And the person I spoke to specifically said there was a permit on file. Which does not show up on the county search.

There are 3 permits, all sewer permits. I am guessing in the last 20+ years there has been a building permit of some other type. Sewer might be county controlled so it shows up on the county site. And the person I spoke to specifically said there was a permit on file. Which does not show up on the county search.
I just wanted to point out that the city website is not always the main source for permit indexing within a county. This may vary by county, but the permit I discovered for the upcoming Fort Bragg Supercharger location was listed within Mendocino County's permit database site. Had no such luck uncovering any details within the Sonoma City site but your email exchange sounds promising

Yes, some counties handle all permitting and that is evidenced when you try to find permitting information on the city website. If there is no mention of a building department then you go county. For a large county like Sonoma, each city will have it's own permitting department. Santa Rosa, Windsor, etc. For a small one (people wise) like Mendocino, it will probably all be handled on the county level.

Sonoma, CA

Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: CA-12

CA-12

To: Napa, CA - 14.1 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles
To: Fairfield - Holiday Lane, CA - 27.8 miles

To: Napa - Factory Stores Drive, CA (l, CA-12, l) - 12.6 miles
To: Vallejo, CA (CA-12, CA-121, CA-37, l) - 27.5 miles
To: Novato, CA (CA-12, CA-37, US-101) - 20.5 miles
To: Petaluma, CA (CA-12, l, CA-116, l) - 15.5 miles
To: Rohnert Park, CA (CA-12, l, CA-116, l, US-101) - 24.6 miles

So I see 6 Tesla chargers and what looks like 2 more maybe EVgo not sure, these are on the east side of the Community Center.

Attachments

• 1F333597-E355-43F5-9C72-5B15F39F7101.jpeg
    1F333597-E355-43F5-9C72-5B15F39F7101.jpeg
    719.4 KB · Views: 290
  • 08564549-A906-4F51-B7F6-68813FB28CA2.jpeg
    08564549-A906-4F51-B7F6-68813FB28CA2.jpeg
    728.9 KB · Views: 130
  • FAE76D7C-E1A3-4525-9EF0-2DDC701A2151.jpeg
    FAE76D7C-E1A3-4525-9EF0-2DDC701A2151.jpeg
    774.6 KB · Views: 132
  • 4D50FE91-48E9-485F-BE83-AAFE107463A3.jpeg
    4D50FE91-48E9-485F-BE83-AAFE107463A3.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 124
Darnit, I was thinking this past weekend I should take a trip over the county line and see if any progress had been made. Merrill beat me to it. Great progress and 3.5 months for PG&E to make the Q3 deadline…

Those 2 mystery ones are Tesla pedestal bases without the rest of the cabinet installed on top.

Yes, definitely 2 destination chargers and the button on the handle looks like it may be the J1772 style ones instead of the Tesla standard.

Was thinking of grabbing El Molino for dinner and checking these out but scooped again. Merrill must have some type of mind link to anticipate my thoughts.