Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sonoma, CA (LIVE 16 Oct 2021, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Live!
@bmah @MarcoRP @corywright
20211016_074000.jpg

Great news! I was telling my wife that it's funny - 7 years ago I used to park in that parking lot almost every morning with my new Model S P85. My kids went to school in the community center. I never would have guessed there would be a Supercharger in the same spots I was sitting in back then. So much progress in 7 years.

Reactions: RubberToe and bmah
Interesting turn of events after the email I received. Maybe PG&E has a way to shift around loads to create more headroom for this site. Or they just decided the hell with it and we’ll see if we blow any transformers before we spend a lot of money correcting our mistake. We need 8 newer cars all at <10% to plug in at the same time and see what happens…

My wife and I visited this site for the first time last Tuesday while staying in Glen Ellen. We met a friendly fellow Tesla owner and walked over to the square to enjoy a farmers market and the Sonoma Valley Jazz Society concert in the park. Got enough charge to make it back to our lodge and get ourselves down to the Santa Nella SuC site the next day. My only gripe is that I noticed a lot of drivers entering the egress instead of properly driving. I suppose it bypasses the speed bumps and the daycare area but rules are rules, no?

Bonus gripe: due to the sun setting over the west and the stalls facing opposite the building's shade, I suggest using a windshield sunshade to keep the cabin from getting too hot...granted it was 95F at 5pm on a summer evening. Though I'd probably welcome the solar gain during the winter months.