TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - South Austin, TX

Discussion in 'Texas Supercharger locations' started by karki, Jan 1, 2020.

1. karki

karki Member

A new "Coming Soon" pin popped up on Tesla's Find Us map on the corner of William Cannon and I-35. I wonder if this is more "real" than our Downtown Austin supercharger. Hopefully its a full supercharger, not an urban one, and can take some of the stress off the north Austin charger

Find Us | Tesla

2. geoffreak

geoffreak Driving My Model 3

I wouldn't read into the pin's location. The "coming soon" pins have always been placed on a label on the map, not the intended location. In this case, there's not a label that can be distinguished so I'm not sure what's going on.

• Like x 1
  3. mbdionio

mbdionio Member

dang. what an inconvinient location.
    pin shows right along I35 :)

4. Merenkov

Merenkov Member

I met a person connected to Tesla (his wife works for them) at the Linc Super Charger late last summer. He mentioned that a new site was being planned south of the river (he wouldn't tell me exactly where), but that it would be closer to downtown than the Linc site (which is about 5 miles north of downtown). That would imply a south location that it's at least north of Ben White, I would think.

5. byeLT4

byeLT4 Member

Depending on time of day, you might be waiting longer in traffic than to charge....:p