Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South Padre Island, TX

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

This doesn’t seem to have been mentioned yet. A new 72 kW 2-stall Supercharger has just opened in South Padre Island, Texas at the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort in South Padre Island.

Link to the location: Find Us | Tesla
Will update Supercharge Info
7113E2BF-B039-4C7F-9B8E-8FF798717EF4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This photo is from 2 days prior to the opening. It is one of those Urban Supercharger pallets with 3 connectors. Again, if this can be clarified, do all 3 stalls work? Photo from __ on PlugShare.View attachment 476173

As far as I understand with this pallet only 2 stalls can be active, as it has just one cabinet. It has three so it can accommodate different parking patterns, but one is always disabled.

This doesn’t seem to have been mentioned yet. A new 72 kW 2-stall Supercharger has just opened in South Padre Island, Texas at the Schlitterbahn Beach Resort in South Padre Island.

Link to the location: Find Us | Tesla
Will update Supercharge InfoView attachment 476066
How the @%#$! did that happen? I just stayed at that hotel Oct 2-6, and there was absolutely no sign of that anywhere.

(Edit) There are several things wrong with this site's information.

1. Schlitterbahn (the company) went bankrupt earlier this year and the holding company sold off its assets. This site is now owned by Holiday Inn and is no longer known as Schlitterbahn, although there is a lot of historical info with that name (including maps, GPS etc.). It is now known as BeachPark at Isla Blanca. When I stayed there in October, we were renting from a holding company. We were told that Holiday Inn was taking over the following week with a new name (not disclosed at the time). This Supercharger went in after that. I can't believe that Tesla would or could use the old property name.
  2. I don't recognize the building in the picture. The name "Tower A" sounds more like one of the buildings next door. That does not look like the front door of the old Schlitterbahn hotel.
We need more pictures.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart