Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sacramento, CA - Freeport Blvd. (LIVE 29 Sep 2020, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the permit for 8 Tesla EV Chargers being installed at 4700 Freeport Blvd.

Development Tracker: 4700 Freeport Blvd
aca.accela.com/sacramento COM-1920356

I've had a source confirm they will be superchargers.
Looking at the record via the Accela portal, you can see that the project valuation is $128,000. Definitely a supercharger. Google maps of that address shows a big cleared lot where a new flagship Raley's is in the process of getting built.

@BlueShift @Chuq @MarcoRP

• Helpful
Reactions: Pluto
Google maps of that address shows a big cleared lot where a new flagship Raley's is in the process of getting built.

Yeah, that's the lot where Capital Nursery used to be. (Side note: that's been gone since 2012 and I'm kind of surprised the new Raley's hasn't been built yet.)

Both convenient and inconvenient to I-5 and Hwy 99 -- close on the map, but the streets to get there are slow and can be almost standstill when the community college is in session. Access is pretty much only from the south bound direction of Freeport. Still, a nice addition to the coverage in the Sacramento area, and nice to see Raley's is continuing to put in fast chargers at their locations. (Except, of course, for the location near me, where the "EV Charger" is a 110V outlet in a lamp post. o_O )

Both convenient and inconvenient to I-5 and Hwy 99 -- close on the map, but the streets to get there are slow
Well, this will become the closest Supercharger to our home, which also means we may never need to use it.

Kathy's spot on. The location is at a sort of "waist" where I-5 and CA-99 bend close to each other. But it isn't terribly convenient to either one. But every Supercharger is a good Supercharger, right?

Well, this will become the closest Supercharger to our home, which also means we may never need to use it.

Kathy's spot on. The location is at a sort of "waist" where I-5 and CA-99 bend close to each other. But it isn't terribly convenient to either one. But every Supercharger is a good Supercharger, right?

Since it will be at a supermarket* It could end up doing double-duty as a travel and urban Supercharger.

I'm glad to see a deal with another supermarket chain. They are excellent fast charger locations.

* Every time I type supermarket I instinctively type an S instead of an s.

Last edited:
In what sense is this considered “South Sac?” Fairly sure Sacramento residents would consider this to be Land Park, or just “Sacramento.” This area is definitely not considered South Sac. Just like the charger labeled “Sacramento” is actually Natomas. What is the deal with labeling these sites anyway??

• Disagree
Reactions: mkhalasi85
This project is currently a construction site and going up very fast, and I'll post photos to the thread since I drive by often. The retail buildings are up but no stucco or electrical/plumbing yet, no pavement/parking lots yet, and the entire site is fenced off so it will be awhile before we can see anything. However, it will go quickly - supposed to be open "Early 2020".

There are a lot of apartments in midtown (2 miles away), and new homes nearby without garages being built (Crocker Village, looks like this), so this is a good option for those that can't charge at home to join the Tesla family.

In what sense is this considered “South Sac?” Fairly sure Sacramento residents would consider this to be Land Park, or just “Sacramento.” This area is definitely not considered South Sac. Just like the charger labeled “Sacramento” is actually Natomas. What is the deal with labeling these sites anyway??

Tesla's Supercharging naming has been a mystery to many of us in California. See for example "Hollister", "Gustine", and "Bakersfield" none of which are near the centers of the cities they are supposedly named for.

So if you say that "South Sacramento" really isn't, that doesn't come as a huge surprise to me. ;)

Bruce.

In the sense that it’s located south of downtown Sacramento. I always refer to anything below us50 as “South Sac”.

Parking lots are in. This is a view of the south lot which looks like the best open area and closer to the utility transformers. Will update if any equipment shows up but they are focusing on the buildings now so don’t expect any updates soon.

Attachments

• 0E385CCA-0786-4B36-8390-FE826BEB8644.jpeg
    0E385CCA-0786-4B36-8390-FE826BEB8644.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 139
This project is currently a construction site and going up very fast, and I'll post photos to the thread since I drive by often. The retail buildings are up but no stucco or electrical/plumbing yet, no pavement/parking lots yet, and the entire site is fenced off so it will be awhile before we can see anything. However, it will go quickly - supposed to be open "Early 2020".

There are a lot of apartments in midtown (2 miles away), and new homes nearby without garages being built (Crocker Village, looks like this), so this is a good option for those that can't charge at home to join the Tesla family.

Croker village Brownstones have garages on the backside.

Reactions: dbfish
Update - no update.

No trenching or conduit yet along south or north parking lots. There are some parking spaces behind the stores, which would be a weird location given truck delivery docks, so it's wait and see since the entire site is still fenced off with no access.

Overhead map view

SvYk0d1.png

• Informative
Reactions: mkhalasi85

People driving through on trips have zero frame of reference, knowledge, or interest in learning local neighborhood names like “Natomas” or “Land Park”.

It’s logical a supercharger in the southern area of Sacramento, south of the other existing stations, would be called “South Sacramento” on Tesla’s map. For much the same reason, I’d expect a hypothetical Natomas charger to be called “North Sacramento” or similar - not Natomas.