Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South San Francisco, CA (LIVE, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charged here over the weekend. I happened to be visiting this Embassy Suites for dinner/drinks and the Warriors game, and I needed to charge at some point, so this was a pleasant surprise that the station was IN the parking lot of the hotel I was visiting. I got there at 4ish, plenty of spots. When my car was finished, I went to move it... and the actual hotel parking lot was way too small. There is no way that lot can fit all of the guests if it's at capacity, and it was going to be close to capacity. I was fortunate to find one of the few parking spots remaining. The SC station was now half full with Teslas, and 1 ICEd car. By the time I left the hotel at 9:30pm, the stations were at least 12/20 ice'd, and all of the stalls were taken. If I was charging, and had to stay overnight, I wouldn't move my car. There was literally no place to park, so I guess it's inevitable that people would park there.

So, if you can remember, you see stations open at the S SF station on Gateway, if it's 8pm-8am Fri-Sun, I'd be wary.

Charged here over the weekend. I happened to be visiting this Embassy Suites for dinner/drinks and the Warriors game, and I needed to charge at some point, so this was a pleasant surprise that the station was IN the parking lot of the hotel I was visiting. I got there at 4ish, plenty of spots. When my car was finished, I went to move it... and the actual hotel parking lot was way too small. There is no way that lot can fit all of the guests if it's at capacity, and it was going to be close to capacity. I was fortunate to find one of the few parking spots remaining. The SC station was now half full with Teslas, and 1 ICEd car. By the time I left the hotel at 9:30pm, the stations were at least 12/20 ice'd, and all of the stalls were taken. If I was charging, and had to stay overnight, I wouldn't move my car. There was literally no place to park, so I guess it's inevitable that people would park there.

So, if you can remember, you see stations open at the S SF station on Gateway, if it's 8pm-8am Fri-Sun, I'd be wary.
I was staying at this place for 2 ½ months when my house was being worked on, because there is a big biotech community around there, there are usually 6 to 10 cars charging in the late afternoon, I guess people are charging up before going home or taking a break before going back to work. I've seen a stall or two being ICEd from time to time, also the last 2 stalls by the gate are cabled for J1722 as I'd seen non-Tesla charging there. There is a big parking lot behind the hotel but you have to go through the gate and they are usually empty unless there is a special event or holiday. If you need to charge faster you can hop over to 380 to Tanforan Mall, tons of V3 there.

Surprised to see a queue here this morning… looks like a rental car company got a large delivery of Teslas and brought them all over from the airport to charge to 100% (most only had 20-30% according to chalk pen markings on their windows). Surrounding SCs also seemed suspiciously busy for 10am on a Tuesday.

A picture would be cool, although I'm looking at the mobile app showing a suspiciously high count of free stalls compared to everything in the vicinity. (On the other hand why doesn't Tesla mark it as a temporary closure?)

Bruce.

1679703272864.png

Some clown decided they’d be cute and use the supercharger as long term airport parking. There’s actually another Honda ICEing one of the stalls and an Expedition ICEing the handicapped supercharger. With parking at a premium here, fortunately there is parking enforcement so at some point this Tesla will get towed if not moved today. Curiously, the Tesla that is blocking one of the stalls is at a stall that the Tesla app has marked as out of order. I’m not sure if the Tesla driver saw that stall was out of order and decided to park there long term or if the stall is intelligent enough to know there’s been no usage for a few days so it knows something is wrong with that stall.
IMG_3982.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: bmah
Some clown decided they’d be cute and use the supercharger as long term airport parking. There’s actually another Honda ICEing one of the stalls and an Expedition ICEing the handicapped supercharger. With parking at a premium here, fortunately there is parking enforcement so at some point this Tesla will get towed if not moved today. Curiously, the Tesla that is blocking one of the stalls is at a stall that the Tesla app has marked as out of order. I’m not sure if the Tesla driver saw that stall was out of order and decided to park there long term or if the stall is intelligent enough to know there’s been no usage for a few days so it knows something is wrong with that stall. View attachment 960893
Plug him in, the idle fees will start accruing. No need to unlock the car to plug it in, just use the button on the cable on that stall or an adjacent one to command the charge port to open, then plug it in.

Reactions: israndy and 1100MCM