Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - South San Francisco, CA (LIVE, 20 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This morning when I drove by it looked like the fencing was down around the outside of the site, too. There were cars parked in some of the spots, but I don't think the chargers are active, as some of the infrastructure still looked like it was missing (whatever goes in the two locations surrounded by the red pylons).

IMG_20191121_164245.jpg

The picture is from last week.

For what it's worth this is a pretty crummy location (though understandable given the local area). The only amenities are whatever the hotel has and the 711 across a pretty busy street. The surrounding area is basically biotech land, where a lot of the companies probably have their own chargers, and no one really lives out there. It does fill in a big gap between the tiny, overcrowded San Mateo location and Daly City, though.

Reactions: mlambrinov
It looks like there has been some activity here recently, though some of it may be hotel related. There are a bunch of containers and waste bins that look unrelated to the chargers.

I saw some more Tesla equipment at the site today.

IMG_20200109_110418.jpg

IMG_20200109_110419.jpg

One of the cabinets was uncovered, and a few of the charger stalls had their covers off, too.

All this other junk makes the site a little bit unaccessible.

IMG_20200109_110358.jpg

Reactions: mociaf9 and DWdrum
I drove through here last night, there were no covers on the pedestals and no cones in the spots. There were cars parked in the spots, some of them Teslas, but I didn't notice whether they were plugged in or just parked there. I unfortunately have a rental car so I can't plug in and find out, but aside from a lot of construction in the immediate area this location looked open to me. (I didn't check for transformers, the actual Supercharger units, etc -- just saying that visually I'd have guessed this was a functional site as of last night's drive through if I didn't know any better.)

Reactions: DWdrum
Wait... From the photos, there are 21 stalls visible. So, there are likely more. It also seems like 10 cabinets on the left and possibly either 3 or 4 cabinets at the far end. Maybe we're looking at a 24- or 26-stall location, not the 20-stall that the thread title suggests. Anyone on the ground that can just do a simple count or get higher-resolution or closer photos?

EDIT: Are some of these just HPWCs?

Bird’s eye view, looks like the chargers themselves are in place too. The boxes at the bottom look to be part of the renovation of the top two floors of the hotel (bathtubs/etc).

Last edited: